NTSC Audio encoding

I've got a DVD authoring tool called Powerproducer Gold 2
which came with a video capture component from Kworld.
If I choose the NTSC format, the only audio encoding
the tool provides is LPCM, which greatly expands the size
of my file. Does anyone know if this is an NTSC limitation
or are their better DVD tools available?

rs

Audio on DVD's is either often PCM, but you can get an AC3 encoder and get a
superior and much smaller file. Not all authoring programs will accept AC3
files.

"Bokuden Tsukuhara" <bokuden@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I've got a DVD authoring tool called Powerproducer Gold 2
> which came with a video capture component from Kworld.
> If I choose the NTSC format, the only audio encoding
> the tool provides is LPCM, which greatly expands the size
> of my file. Does anyone know if this is an NTSC limitation
> or are their better DVD tools available?

Try TMPGenc DVD Author.

--Leonid