Aussie DVD does not work

Receive a DVD from down under. I can not get it to play in my new DVD
player. Panasonic claims their player is for Regions 1,2,3, and 4 in the
US and will not play Australian DVD's. Is there any software that will
fix this problem??

Bill
2 answers Last reply
More about aussie work

    The DVD is almost certainly in PAL format (Oz is a PAL country). Your DVD
    player is designed for NTSC-format disks, and evidently will not play PAL
    disks. This has absolutely nothing to do with DVD "Regions".

    I have a US$38 DVD player (from COSTCO) that plays all regions (after a simple
    remote-control hack) and plays NTSC, PAL, and SECAM (France & Russia). If you
    paid more than about US$100 for your DVD player, or bought it more than 1 year
    ago, then it is the problem.

    >Receive a DVD from down under. I can not get it to play in my new DVD
    >player. Panasonic claims their player is for Regions 1,2,3, and 4 in the
    > US and will not play Australian DVD's. Is there any software that will
    >fix this problem??
    >
    >Bill

    webpa

    Just use DVD shrink to burn another....

    --
    Order the new "Accordion Evolution" video or DVD
    http://users.accesscomm.ca/limbery/
    "WEBPA" <webpa@aol.com> wrote in message
    > The DVD is almost certainly in PAL format (Oz is a PAL country). Your DVD
    > player is designed for NTSC-format disks, and evidently will not play PAL
    > disks. This has absolutely nothing to do with DVD "Regions".
    >
    > I have a US$38 DVD player (from COSTCO) that plays all regions (after a
    > simple
    > remote-control hack) and plays NTSC, PAL, and SECAM (France & Russia). If
    > you
    > paid more than about US$100 for your DVD player, or bought it more than 1
    > year
    > ago, then it is the problem.
    >
    >>Receive a DVD from down under. I can not get it to play in my new DVD
    >>player. Panasonic claims their player is for Regions 1,2,3, and 4 in the
    >> US and will not play Australian DVD's. Is there any software that will
    >>fix this problem??
    >>
    >>Bill
    >>

    > webpa

Tuner Cards DVD Desktops Video Panasonic Graphics