Aussie DVD does not work

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 17, 2004 6:41:14 PM

Receive a DVD from down under. I can not get it to play in my new DVD
player. Panasonic claims their player is for Regions 1,2,3, and 4 in the
US and will not play Australian DVD's. Is there any software that will
fix this problem??

Bill

More about : aussie dvd work

Anonymous
December 18, 2004 3:34:48 AM

The DVD is almost certainly in PAL format (Oz is a PAL country). Your DVD
player is designed for NTSC-format disks, and evidently will not play PAL
disks. This has absolutely nothing to do with DVD "Regions".

I have a US$38 DVD player (from COSTCO) that plays all regions (after a simple
remote-control hack) and plays NTSC, PAL, and SECAM (France & Russia). If you
paid more than about US$100 for your DVD player, or bought it more than 1 year
ago, then it is the problem.

>Receive a DVD from down under. I can not get it to play in my new DVD
>player. Panasonic claims their player is for Regions 1,2,3, and 4 in the
> US and will not play Australian DVD's. Is there any software that will
>fix this problem??
>
>Bill

webpa
Anonymous
December 20, 2004 8:17:00 PM

Just use DVD shrink to burn another....

--
Order the new "Accordion Evolution" video or DVD
http://users.accesscomm.ca/limbery/

!