BEST DVD editor

I tried ULEAD trial version, Pinnacle trial version, ADOBE premiere
elements, Vegas 4.0...with the same movie...Finally I found Vegas 4.0
better for all kinds of art work and different types of rendering...
For a newbie, I prefer Adobe premiere elements...its simple for
editing...the ui is simple...pinnacle is also good for a
student/newbie...they do just render, title, burn...thatsit...

about quality...all these editors are same... they give the same
quality... again it depends on your cam, using firewire to
transfer...how fast is your computer...free space in PC, whats your
mood for artwork

What I was looking from all these editors were

easy to copy movie from cam to PC
editing trimming, cut and paste...adding effects to my wish...in
different places in the movie...
Adding sound effects...
title song...
title picture with my own menu...
arranging differnt clips in different places of my DVD (relocating the
clips)
Adding veio effects to each section...
vegas is cool to do all these...
I bought premiere elements last week...I am not able to trim or
cut/paste the clips...my hands were tied for editing in adobe...Stupid
adobe people will introduce all the attracting features in the coming
version...They have elemetns 1.0 right now...with min set of
features... With 2.0, they would add some more interesting features as
they are playing with photoshop versions... Just cheating consumers...
My take is to wait for the their last good release from adobe...may be
3.0 or 4.0.... 1.0 is not worth for a penny if u r not a newbie to DVD
editing...

I found problems with vegas too... For a big DVD...there is no sound
after burning...Hope I missed some options or settings somewhere...but
they are good...for the time being...till premiere adds more
features... I am an adobe fan...but premiere elements is just elements
or even atoms...when compared to vegas 4.0...waiting for their next
release...2.0 or 3.0
enjoy
kurnander

<kurnander@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I tried ULEAD trial version, Pinnacle trial version, ADOBE premiere
> elements, Vegas 4.0...with the same movie...Finally I found Vegas 4.0
> better for all kinds of art work and different types of rendering...
> For a newbie, I prefer Adobe premiere elements...its simple for
> editing...the ui is simple...pinnacle is also good for a
> student/newbie...they do just render, title, burn...thatsit...
>
> about quality...all these editors are same... they give the same
> quality... again it depends on your cam, using firewire to
> transfer...how fast is your computer...free space in PC, whats your
> mood for artwork
>
> What I was looking from all these editors were
>
> easy to copy movie from cam to PC
> editing trimming, cut and paste...adding effects to my wish...in
> different places in the movie...
> Adding sound effects...
> title song...
> title picture with my own menu...
> arranging differnt clips in different places of my DVD (relocating the
> clips)
> Adding veio effects to each section...
> vegas is cool to do all these...
> I bought premiere elements last week...I am not able to trim or
> cut/paste the clips...my hands were tied for editing in adobe...Stupid
> adobe people will introduce all the attracting features in the coming
> version...They have elemetns 1.0 right now...with min set of
> features... With 2.0, they would add some more interesting features as
> they are playing with photoshop versions... Just cheating consumers...
> My take is to wait for the their last good release from adobe...may be
> 3.0 or 4.0.... 1.0 is not worth for a penny if u r not a newbie to DVD
> editing...
>
> I found problems with vegas too... For a big DVD...there is no sound
> after burning...Hope I missed some options or settings somewhere...but
> they are good...for the time being...till premiere adds more
> features... I am an adobe fan...but premiere elements is just elements
> or even atoms...when compared to vegas 4.0...waiting for their next
> release...2.0 or 3.0
> enjoy
> kurnander

What's a "DVD" Editor? Do you mean a MPEG2 editor?
Do you mean an Authoring program? Do you mean an AVI
Editor that has an MPEG encoder?

Luck;
Ken

kurnander@yahoo.com wrote:
> snip <
> I found problems with vegas too... For a big DVD...there is no sound
> after burning...Hope I missed some options or settings somewhere...

What were your settings when you did a "Render - As"

Mike

Mac + iDVD + iMove and or Final Cut Pro + DVD Pro - simple, powerful,
does just about everything decently well for the beginner to mid-level
user w/o much trouble or learning.

---

Beyond that, everything on the PC side is pick & choose. Video editing
has a range from Vegas Video to Premiere to whatever, the DVD authoring
has everything from Sonic MyDVD through Ulead DVD Workshop to Sonic
Scenarist (pro level - this is what movie companies use), and the
encoder has everything from built-in to Cinema Craft Encoder to hardware
MPEG-2 encoders.

There is no BEST for everything, but at least if you want best for the
DVD authoring, it's Sonic Scenarist -- does everything under the DVD
spec that you'd ever want, and has no drawbacks at all. Believe all of
the other DVD authoring programs can't do everything allowed by the
spec, so they're not the best.