do any of these programs actually work?

I followed the advice I got in this ng and went to Afonic
DVD Guides to look for programs that actually work. They
claimed a program called IfoEdit would easily author DVD's.
What a joke. Do these people not realize you can't follow a
single word they say about anything? None of their menus
make any sense whatsoever to someone who doesn't already
know what is going on. Earth to programmers. You're not
making sense. Stop talking gibberish and learn to actually
comunicate with earthlings. There's 40 pages of information
and none of it makes any sense at all. Do programmers live
in a parallel universe and speak reverse pig-latin to each
other?

Here's one of many examples of totally insane comments in
this program. The program states "Your files must be
located in a folder named: VIDEO_TS". Never mind that my
files are located in a folder by that name. The really fun
part is that the navigation window doesn't even see those
folders. Yeah that's right. I go right to the place that
should show these folders and poof they aren't there.

Then there's other menu items like "Check GOP Structure".
Is this some sort of reference to the way a political party
is organized? It makes zero sense to someone who doesn't
already know what it means. And oh BTW. They don't include
any explanation of what anything means. They can't be
bothered with that they say on their web site.

This program is useless. The entire process of authoring
DVD's is ludicrous. I've not seen one single program that
actually does anything the best I can tell. I take that
back. They all litter my hard drive with inane and useless
files that are worth exactly nothing to me. I spend half my
time deleting the garbage these programs leave behind.

I think I'll come back in about 5 years when the programmers
who write this stuff grow up. Maybe they will learn to
speak English by then.

"King Ghidora" <KingGhidora@PlanetX.com> wrote in message
>I followed the advice I got in this ng and went to Afonic
> DVD Guides to look for programs that actually work. They
> claimed a program called IfoEdit would easily author DVD's.
> What a joke. Do these people not realize you can't follow a
> single word they say about anything? None of their menus
> make any sense whatsoever to someone who doesn't already
> know what is going on. Earth to programmers. You're not
> making sense. Stop talking gibberish and learn to actually
> comunicate with earthlings. There's 40 pages of information
> and none of it makes any sense at all. Do programmers live
> in a parallel universe and speak reverse pig-latin to each
> other?

Have you tried :

www.doom9.net
www.lordsmurf.com
www.videohelp.com
www.digital-digest.com
www.digitalfaq.com

But if you are an "Earthling" that can't be bothered to
learn any of the underlining principles. Drive a Jetta,
buy only "Name Brands", put all your money in the
bank, avoid sports, don't even think of getting a camera
(one of those disposable ones might be ok). Buy your
DVDs premade. One thing that confuses me is how did
you ever get on the Internet? Did some geek log you in?

Luck;
Ken

I went to the Afonic website and could not find anything relating to a
program called "IfoEdit". So, I'm going to sort of "wing it" from here.
First, as someone who has been with the video editing on the computer game
since it hit the consumer market back in the late 80's, and someone who has
traversed the path of the original MS-DOS manual or "what the hell does that
mean, anyway!" I can tell you this. Don't try to understand it, just do what
it says. If they don't offer specific paths of click-here-go-here, then it
is a labrynth of total confusion, as was the original DOS manual. I have
included some tips to understanding below with your original post.

"King Ghidora" <KingGhidora@PlanetX.com> wrote in message
> I followed the advice I got in this ng and went to Afonic
> DVD Guides to look for programs that actually work. They
> claimed a program called IfoEdit would easily author DVD's.
> What a joke. Do these people not realize you can't follow a
> single word they say about anything? None of their menus
> make any sense whatsoever to someone who doesn't already
> know what is going on. Earth to programmers. You're not
> making sense. Stop talking gibberish and learn to actually
> comunicate with earthlings. There's 40 pages of information
> and none of it makes any sense at all. Do programmers live
> in a parallel universe and speak reverse pig-latin to each
> other?

It's really not the programmers who have anything to do with what is said,
and is true about DVD authoring. The structure of a DVD is complex, and
without knowledge of what is within that complexity it can be a very
daunting proceedure. Programmers have to introduce the product according to
these conventions. They have no power over it and it is the way it is. These
companies take it for granted that you, the consumer have read up on all
this stuff and know what you are dealing with before attempting the
proceedures of creating DVD discs. I have often commented to the staff here
at our company that manufacturer's are selling their products making it seem
as though this complex thing is as simple as a blender to use/do, and the
general public is not ready for it.

I will attempt to help you understand it in the text below.

> Here's one of many examples of totally insane comments in
> this program. The program states "Your files must be
> located in a folder named: VIDEO_TS". Never mind that my
> files are located in a folder by that name. The really fun
> part is that the navigation window doesn't even see those
> folders. Yeah that's right. I go right to the place that
> should show these folders and poof they aren't there.

When going through the process of creating a DVD the software, given the
proper MPEG-2 files are present goes through a process known as "remux and
demux". This is when and where there should be two folders created: VIDEO_TS
and AUDIO_TS. I have noted that some programs will only create the video
folder because the audio folder is always empty. When the disc is loaded on
the player the onboard memory of the player uses these folders to dispay and
temporarily load the audio portion of the video for playback.

If the program creates a disc image to the hard drive then these folders
should be present within the folder you wrote the disc image to. In your
post you tell of woes, but not of particulars where you have found problems.
Saying the manual is in "pig latin" may be true. But not telling of where
you have stumbled leaves everyone with questions to answer that have not
been asked. In short, we can help if we know where the problem actually
exists. I still have more for you below.

> Then there's other menu items like "Check GOP Structure".
> Is this some sort of reference to the way a political party
> is organized? It makes zero sense to someone who doesn't
> already know what it means. And oh BTW. They don't include
> any explanation of what anything means. They can't be
> bothered with that they say on their web site.

The term, or rather the letters "GOP" stand for Group Of Pictures. DVD's
depend on a structure of frames labeled IBBP. To attempt to go into an
explanation of this frame structure here would be much too time consuming,
and I would most likely get cramps in my fingers from all the typing. My
website has a page with explanations of the types of MPEG files, frame
structures and an explanation of the GOP at:
http://digitalvideosolutions.com/mpeg.htm Once you know a little more about
MPEG files maybe the programs will also make a little more sense.

> This program is useless. The entire process of authoring
> DVD's is ludicrous. I've not seen one single program that
> actually does anything the best I can tell. I take that
> back. They all litter my hard drive with inane and useless
> files that are worth exactly nothing to me. I spend half my
> time deleting the garbage these programs leave behind.

Once you have the structure of folders: VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS, creating a
DVD copy is a cinch. Programs like Nero Burning ROM can easily create the
disc from this image you created. In Nero you can pick create DVD-Video and
then populate the VIDEO_TS folder in the project with the files found in the
same folder in your disc image folder. No need to populate the AUDIO_TS
folder because, like I said before it is normall empty. Click the "burn"
button and there you have it. A video DVD.

> I think I'll come back in about 5 years when the programmers
> who write this stuff grow up. Maybe they will learn to
> speak English by then.

Again, the programmers are not speaking "pig latin" and the necessities of
creating a DVD disc will not change from what it is now. At least not
anytime soon. No offense, but it is you who will need to learn the "lingo"
that goes along with the art of creating DVD's. The programmers have no
ability to change that lingo and must include these terms because they are
the core of the science of DVD proper. Five years from now the technology
may progress to something else, but the technical specifications will still
be inherent to the absolution of the end result.

If you are not happy with that fact buy a DVD recording deck and forget the
authoring/ripping end of it. No offense intended.

Larry Johnson
Digital Video Solutions
webmaster@digitalvideosolutions.com
http://www.digitalvideosolutions.com
877-227-6281 Toll Free Sales Assistance
386-672-1941 Customer Service
386-672-1907 Technical Support
386-676-1515 Fax

King Ghidora <KingGhidora@PlanetX.com> wrote in

> I followed the advice I got in this ng and went to Afonic
> DVD Guides to look for programs that actually work. They
> claimed a program called IfoEdit would easily author DVD's.
> What a joke. Do these people not realize you can't follow a
> single word they say about anything?

I sympathize with you.

In the UK there is an organisation called "The Plain English
Campaign" which was set up to tackle this sort of nonsense. They
are now established in the USA (which is where I suspect you
are!). Organisations tend to listen to these people when they
might ignore people like us. Here's the link:

http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/btc12.html

I have no connection with this organisation but I am a writer
and author (and film maker) and share your frustrations. Report
them!

Derry

On a sunny day (19 Dec 2004 08:55:45 GMT) it happened Derry Argue
<derry(delete)@adviegundogs.co.uk> wrote in
<Xns95C45B5D170D6derryadviegundogscou@130.133.1.4>:

>King Ghidora <KingGhidora@PlanetX.com> wrote in
>
>> I followed the advice I got in this ng and went to Afonic
>> DVD Guides to look for programs that actually work. They
>> claimed a program called IfoEdit would easily author DVD's.
>> What a joke. Do these people not realize you can't follow a
>> single word they say about anything?
>
>I sympathize with you.
>
>In the UK there is an organisation called "The Plain English
>Campaign" which was set up to tackle this sort of nonsense. They
>are now established in the USA (which is where I suspect you
>are!). Organisations tend to listen to these people when they
>might ignore people like us. Here's the link:
>
>http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/btc12.html
>
>I have no connection with this organisation but I am a writer
>and author (and film maker) and share your frustrations. Report
>them!
>
>Derry
WTF do people always think 'authoring a DVD is easy' (and a lot of
other things too, use wizard wehhhhhh).
Do you REALLY think you can be a surgeon and help anybody (live) after
you read 'knifing for dummies'?

These are complex systems, IfoEdit assumes you KNOW your stuff.
Even for the profies it is a challenge.
Do NOT expect a drag and drop GUI wizard to solve your 'design trip to mars'
problem, Von Braun did it with pen and paper.
Think about it, and UNLESS you want to spend the time studying the subject,
you will be better of leaving it to those who did.
JP

I find it to be a lot easier than you do, it seems.

I bought a Pioneer 106 burner. It came with Ulead.

I use Ulead Video Studio to edit the video and save it as a DVD
Compliant MPEG-2 file.

I use Ulead DVD Movie Factory to make the menus and chapters and
such and following the prompts, it says right there that you can
choose to save it to the hard drive as a VIDEO_TS folder. So, I
do that.

Then, I use Nero 5.5, choose DVD Video from the compilation
options, drag the contents of the VIDEO_TS folder on the hard
drive into the VIDEO_TS folder in the compilation window and burn
it.

It really is just that simple. :)

> I followed the advice I got in this ng and went to Afonic
> DVD Guides to look for programs that actually work. They
> claimed a program called IfoEdit would easily author DVD's.
> What a joke. Do these people not realize you can't follow a
> single word they say about anything? None of their menus
> make any sense whatsoever to someone who doesn't already
> know what is going on. Earth to programmers. You're not
> making sense. Stop talking gibberish and learn to actually
> comunicate with earthlings. There's 40 pages of information
> and none of it makes any sense at all. Do programmers live
> in a parallel universe and speak reverse pig-latin to each
> other?
>
> Here's one of many examples of totally insane comments in
> this program. The program states "Your files must be
> located in a folder named: VIDEO_TS". Never mind that my
> files are located in a folder by that name. The really fun
> part is that the navigation window doesn't even see those
> folders. Yeah that's right. I go right to the place that
> should show these folders and poof they aren't there.
>
> Then there's other menu items like "Check GOP Structure".
> Is this some sort of reference to the way a political party
> is organized? It makes zero sense to someone who doesn't
> already know what it means. And oh BTW. They don't include
> any explanation of what anything means. They can't be
> bothered with that they say on their web site.
>
> This program is useless. The entire process of authoring
> DVD's is ludicrous. I've not seen one single program that
> actually does anything the best I can tell. I take that
> back. They all litter my hard drive with inane and useless
> files that are worth exactly nothing to me. I spend half my
> time deleting the garbage these programs leave behind.
>
> I think I'll come back in about 5 years when the programmers
> who write this stuff grow up. Maybe they will learn to
> speak English by then.

terry

I use Studeo 8 by Pinnacle and don't care what folder the right files are
in. I capture, Edit and Burn. Let the programmers do their stuff, just use
that stuff.
Terry
http://mrtvideo.com

"Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> "King Ghidora" <KingGhidora@PlanetX.com> wrote in message
> >I followed the advice I got in this ng and went to Afonic
> > DVD Guides to look for programs that actually work. They
> > claimed a program called IfoEdit would easily author DVD's.
> > What a joke. Do these people not realize you can't follow a
> > single word they say about anything? None of their menus
> > make any sense whatsoever to someone who doesn't already
> > know what is going on. Earth to programmers. You're not
> > making sense. Stop talking gibberish and learn to actually
> > comunicate with earthlings. There's 40 pages of information
> > and none of it makes any sense at all. Do programmers live
> > in a parallel universe and speak reverse pig-latin to each
> > other?
> >

> Have you tried :
>
> www.doom9.net
> www.lordsmurf.com
> www.videohelp.com
> www.digital-digest.com
> www.digitalfaq.com
>
> But if you are an "Earthling" that can't be bothered to
> learn any of the underlining principles. Drive a Jetta,
> buy only "Name Brands", put all your money in the
> bank, avoid sports, don't even think of getting a camera
> (one of those disposable ones might be ok). Buy your
> DVDs premade. One thing that confuses me is how did
> you ever get on the Internet? Did some geek log you in?
>
> Luck;
> Ken

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 08:38:53 GMT, "Digital Video Solutions"
<video@digitalvideosolutions.com> wrote:

:I went to the Afonic website and could not find anything relating to a
:program called "IfoEdit". So, I'm going to sort of "wing it" from here.
:First, as someone who has been with the video editing on the computer game
:since it hit the consumer market back in the late 80's, and someone who has
:traversed the path of the original MS-DOS manual or "what the hell does that
:mean, anyway!" I can tell you this. Don't try to understand it, just do what
:it says. If they don't offer specific paths of click-here-go-here, then it
:is a labrynth of total confusion, as was the original DOS manual. I have
:included some tips to understanding below with your original post.

I realized that after I posted this. It was another web
site thar said this program would do the job easily. My
point was that this particular program was far from simple.
It was by far the most complicated program I have seen for
DVD authoring. That's what irks me. People who think
everyone else has a phd in DVD burning then give advice on
the most basic aspects of the subject really make me wonder
what planet they are from. English is a real struggle for
many of these people and they don't have a clue that what
they say is as foggy as can be.

:"King Ghidora" <KingGhidora@PlanetX.com> wrote in message
:news:d0v9s0pa3388il2qfof5rriltn3ja0u7c1@4ax.com...
:> I followed the advice I got in this ng and went to Afonic
:> DVD Guides to look for programs that actually work. They
:> claimed a program called IfoEdit would easily author DVD's.
:> What a joke. Do these people not realize you can't follow a
:> single word they say about anything? None of their menus
:> make any sense whatsoever to someone who doesn't already
:> know what is going on. Earth to programmers. You're not
:> making sense. Stop talking gibberish and learn to actually
:> comunicate with earthlings. There's 40 pages of information
:> and none of it makes any sense at all. Do programmers live
:> in a parallel universe and speak reverse pig-latin to each
:> other?
:>
:It's really not the programmers who have anything to do with what is said,
:and is true about DVD authoring. The structure of a DVD is complex, and
:without knowledge of what is within that complexity it can be a very
:daunting proceedure. Programmers have to introduce the product according to
:these conventions. They have no power over it and it is the way it is. These
:companies take it for granted that you, the consumer have read up on all
:this stuff and know what you are dealing with before attempting the
:proceedures of creating DVD discs. I have often commented to the staff here
:at our company that manufacturer's are selling their products making it seem
:as though this complex thing is as simple as a blender to use/do, and the
:general public is not ready for it.

Actually the fact this progam was presented as a "simple"
DVD authoring program shows that these people haven't a clue
what "simiple" really means. There are tons of much more
simple programs on the market. Practically none of the
things included in the program were actually needed for
"simple" DVD authoring.

:I will attempt to help you understand it in the text below.
:
[...]

I think you have made the mistake of thinking I don't
understand the basics of what is happening. I do
understand. The problem is none of the programs I have used
so far actually do the things they claim to do.

[...]

Cramps? Exactly. Which part of this subject is "simple"?

[...]

Actually it isn't simple when it doesn't work. I've
explained this problem several times in several ng's but no
one seems to get that none of the programs I have used
actually do what they claim to do. My problem is with audio
mainly. I can navigate the menus easily. The problem is
the result isn't what it should be. I have no sound. I
have attemped probably 30 different approaches to this
problem. I've captured sound with the same program that I
burn with but the problem remains. I get error messages
that make zero sense often referring to options that don't
exist at all. I've converted from half a dozen formats and
I've captured with as many programs. The result is always
the same. A DVD with no sound.

It isn't that I don't have the ability to push the right
buttons. I have made a good living being able to push the
right buttons for 20 years. The problem mainly is, again,
that the results aren't what they should be and the error
messages and commands are pathetically vague in many cases.
Instead of exaplaining the painfully obvious how about
answering the quesitons I actually asked.

I recognize an aspect of computers that isn't mature when I
see one. When a well known program like Ulead Movie Maker
makes reference to an option that doesn't exist there is a
problem and it isn't a lack of ability to follow directions.

:> I think I'll come back in about 5 years when the programmers
:> who write this stuff grow up. Maybe they will learn to
:> speak English by then.
:>
:
:Again, the programmers are not speaking "pig latin" and the necessities of
:creating a DVD disc will not change from what it is now. At least not

Oh yes they will. They already have for the most part.

:anytime soon. No offense, but it is you who will need to learn the "lingo"
::that goes along with the art of creating DVD's. The programmers have no
:ability to change that lingo and must include these terms because they are
:the core of the science of DVD proper. Five years from now the technology
:may progress to something else, but the technical specifications will still
:be inherent to the absolution of the end result.
:
:If you are not happy with that fact buy a DVD recording deck and forget the
:authoring/ripping end of it. No offense intended.

No offense but your response is so typical of people in the
programming business that I have made a good living off of
proving wrong. I've seen so many changes in computers over
the years that I could spend the better part of a month just
giving you the highlights. There is no chance I will have
to learn the incredibly comples language of the program I
talked about. Programs already exist that prove that point.
I can safely assure you that practially no one making DVD's
actually cares about the "GOP structure" I mentioned. It is
a far too complex issue for the general public to care about
learning. I certainly don't suggest that software companies
create a handholding version of the same program. MS Bob
isn't the answer. The answer is making a program like Movie
Maker but with the elegance of a really well written
program. It's like the difference between Corel Draw and
Paint Shop Pro. Both will do many of the same things. One
can be learned in as little as an hour. The other takes
months or even years because it has a clunky interface that
rarely does what it is supposed to do.

I've been doing this since 1984. I know a problem with
communication when I see one. The people who thought that
this IfoEdit program was simple just don't have a clue.

I appreciate the attempt you made at helping me. But you
made the mistake thousands of other programmers make. They
think people will spend months learning inane details about
obscure processes. They think it is the user who has the
problem. Wrong. The fault lies with poor communication
skills of programmers. We could all still be using command
line options and we could all still be hearing from
programmers that we will just have to learn a gazillion
details if we want to operate a computer. Command lines
aren't elegant at all to most people. GUI's are. That's
where this problem lies. We are at the command line stage
of this form of computing.

King Ghidora;

You might give some thought as to why it is that so many
find Authoring a DVD to be a simple and interesting, in
many cases fun, exercise; while you find it so hard.

I have personally walked through the process with some
who were having less success than you, and they were
soon quite proficient. They didn't spend nearly so much
time complaining about the tools available, though. Nor
was it necessary that the programs be as intuitive as
a toaster.

I would suggest that you record your Video to a VCR,
but it appears that you would be among those who never
learned how to get the light to stop blinking, much less
program a recording.

Luck;
Ken

On 19 Dec 2004 08:55:45 GMT, Derry Argue
[...]

I know there are many people who share my frustrations with
programmers who never understand that ordinary people have
no interest in learning a myriad of details about a program.
We just want to click a few buttons and get the job done.

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 14:27:20 GMT, Jan Panteltje
<pNaonStpealmtje@yahoo.com> wrote:

[...]
:eek:ther things too, use wizard wehhhhhh).
:Do you REALLY think you can be a surgeon and help anybody (live) after
:you read 'knifing for dummies'?
:
:These are complex systems, IfoEdit assumes you KNOW your stuff.
:Even for the profies it is a challenge.
:Do NOT expect a drag and drop GUI wizard to solve your 'design trip to mars'
:problem, Von Braun did it with pen and paper.
:Think about it, and UNLESS you want to spend the time studying the subject,
:you will be better of leaving it to those who did.
:JP

Wow I can't believe there are programmer type people who
still think this kind of thinking is correct. We live in a
GUI world despite those who think we should all still be
using command line options.

The idea that this process has to be complicated is just
silly.

Arrogant jerks like you always make me laugh. Your kind
always thinks everyone is interested in learning all sorts
of details that will be completely forgotten by everyone in
a couple of years. Do you people even notice that what you
are saying keeps being proven wrong over and over again?

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 03:31:29 -0600, "Ken Maltby"
[...]

You are so right Terry. Only programmers and their ilk care
about the details. The people who really drive the industry
are those who just want to capture the VHS tapes they have
and get them burned to DVD. I'm not planning on making any
Hollywood blockbusters any time soon. Who cares about the
10,000 details these people think we should all learn? IN a
couple of years these same people will have forgotten the
same details because they will be obselete.

I made a living sifting through the gibberish these type of
folks put out and delivering the important stuff to the
people who just want to get the job done. Capture and burn
is all 99% of the people care about.

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 23:52:57 +1100, "terry"
<prism@froggy.com.au> wrote:

[...]
:> >
:>
:> Have you tried :
:>
:> www.doom9.net
:> www.lordsmurf.com
:> www.videohelp.com
:> www.digital-digest.com
:> www.digitalfaq.com
:>
:> But if you are an "Earthling" that can't be bothered to
:> learn any of the underlining principles. Drive a Jetta,
:> buy only "Name Brands", put all your money in the
:> bank, avoid sports, don't even think of getting a camera
:> (one of those disposable ones might be ok). Buy your
:> DVDs premade. One thing that confuses me is how did
:> you ever get on the Internet? Did some geek log you in?
:>
:> Luck;
:> Ken
:>
:>
:>
:

Yeah I thought so too. I can do everything you said here.
The problem is that I kept getting DVD's without any sound.
I went looking for another program to do the same job and
was steered to the "simple" program IfoEdit. What a joke.

If Ulead had worked for me I'd be as happy as a clam. But
it didn't. I figured it was a conflict of some sort and
figured another program would solve the problems. IfoEdit
being heralded as simple was such a pathetic joke that I
just had to point it out.

I learned to do what you describe in about 10 minutes. The
problem is that it didn't do what it claimed to do. I have
the same drive you have and the same software you have. But
it didn't do what should have been simple. But what really
irked me was someone saying IfoEdit was simple. What a
joke.

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 19:26:36 GMT, "Paul D. Sullivan"
<dudeboyz@hotmail.com> wrote:

:I find it to be a lot easier than you do, it seems.
:
:I bought a Pioneer 106 burner. It came with Ulead.
:
:I use Ulead Video Studio to edit the video and save it as a DVD
:Compliant MPEG-2 file.
:
:I use Ulead DVD Movie Factory to make the menus and chapters and
:such and following the prompts, it says right there that you can
:choose to save it to the hard drive as a VIDEO_TS folder. So, I
:do that.
:
:Then, I use Nero 5.5, choose DVD Video from the compilation
:eek:ptions, drag the contents of the VIDEO_TS folder on the hard
[...]

Dang it Ken you aren't reading what I said. I don't find it
hard. I find it buggy. Big difference. Did you even read
what I said? You are the one who can't read what is being
said Ken.

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 19:48:50 -0600, "Ken Maltby"
<kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

:King Ghidora;
:
[...]

I jsut read the rest of your message you jerk. YOU didn't
read a single word I said. I never said I couldn't follow
directions. Apparently you have a great deal of trouble
following what people say. You posted your accomplishments
like some hot shot but you didn't read a single word I said.
That makes you the blinking light idiot Ken.

The program doesn't work right moron. Did you see it this
time? You can stuff your degree up your intelligent
orifice.

Where did I say I couldn't follow directions jerk? How many
times do I need to say what happened before you get it? You
know when jerks like you who post their accomplishments in a
ng start talking down to people based on ridiculously wrong
assumptions that makes that person a complete jerk.
Arrogant and condescending isn't a good set of character
traits Ken.

Let me tell you a few things hot shot. Jerks like you never
understand the most important part of life - communication.
You're too busy bragging to stop and listen to what is
actually said. You want to think you are the only one who
can understand simple instructions and then you can be Mr.
Smart Guy and help the poor morons who can't read. I'll put
my skills up against yours any day of the week hot shot.

I'll tell you what I don't do. I don't assume everyone else
is an idiot. That just makes you look like the idiot all
too often. Apparently you haven't learned that lesson yet.

One more thing Ken. Kiss my rear end.

>I jsut read the rest of your message you jerk. YOU didn't
> read a single word I said. I never said I couldn't follow
> directions. Apparently you have a great deal of trouble
> following what people say. You posted your accomplishments
> like some hot shot but you didn't read a single word I said.
> That makes you the blinking light idiot Ken.

Let's see... You posted a reply after reading only the
first paragraph of my three paragraph post, and I'm the
guy who's not paying attention?

The only place I "posted my accomplishments" was directly
below were you posted:
:> I appreciate the respone but one thing I do know and that's
:> software. I've been in to computers since 1984 and I made a
:> living as a computer consultant specializing in knowing what
:> software works and what to use it for.

> The program doesn't work right moron. Did you see it this
> time? You can stuff your degree up your intelligent
> orifice.

It seems to work right for a good number of people, just
not you. If you had any interest in learning how those other
people get it to work, instead of a continual rant about how
the program is not working as you think it should, you might
find a solution to your problems. ( Those related to DVD
production, anyway.)

> Where did I say I couldn't follow directions jerk? How many
> times do I need to say what happened before you get it? You
> know when jerks like you who post their accomplishments in a
> ng start talking down to people based on ridiculously wrong
> assumptions that makes that person a complete jerk.
> Arrogant and condescending isn't a good set of character
> traits Ken.

There are some who might look at my posts and see what
you seem to, but given your rant, I could hardly accept any
advice, in this regard, from you.

> Let me tell you a few things hot shot. Jerks like you never
> understand the most important part of life - communication.
> You're too busy bragging to stop and listen to what is
> actually said. You want to think you are the only one who
> can understand simple instructions and then you can be Mr.
> Smart Guy and help the poor morons who can't read. I'll put
> my skills up against yours any day of the week hot shot.
>
> I'll tell you what I don't do. I don't assume everyone else
> is an idiot. That just makes you look like the idiot all
> too often. Apparently you haven't learned that lesson yet.

Actually, I don't assume anyone is an Idiot, but after a
sufficient number of posts, one might begin to wonder.

> One more thing Ken. Kiss my rear end.

Sorry, trying to keep the cholesterol down, you know.

> On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 19:48:50 -0600, "Ken Maltby"
> <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> :King Ghidora;
> :
> : You might give some thought as to why it is that so many
> :find Authoring a DVD to be a simple and interesting, in
> :many cases fun, exercise; while you find it so hard.
> :
> : I have personally walked through the process with some
> :who were having less success than you, and they were
> :soon quite proficient. They didn't spend nearly so much
> :time complaining about the tools available, though. Nor
> :was it necessary that the programs be as intuitive as
> :a toaster.
> :
> : I would suggest that you record your Video to a VCR,
> :but it appears that you would be among those who never
> :learned how to get the light to stop blinking, much less
> :program a recording.
> :
> :Luck;
> : Ken
> :

I got exactly far enough to see you were being a total jerk
then I ignored you just like I'm doing now. I read the
first line of your post to see if you admitted you were
wrong but of course you didn't. For someone who thinks they
are so smart you sure don't understand English very well.

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 22:05:48 -0600, "Ken Maltby"
[...]

:> :
[...]

On a sunny day (Mon, 20 Dec 2004 01:21:12 GMT) it happened King Ghidora
<n5acs05flafvrun3uglps6tv847eubgph1@4ax.com>:

>On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 14:27:20 GMT, Jan Panteltje
><pNaonStpealmtje@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>:On a sunny day (19 Dec 2004 08:55:45 GMT) it happened Derry Argue
>:<derry(delete)@adviegundogs.co.uk> wrote in
>:<Xns95C45B5D170D6derryadviegundogscou@130.133.1.4>:
>:
>:>King Ghidora <KingGhidora@PlanetX.com> wrote in
>:>news:d0v9s0pa3388il2qfof5rriltn3ja0u7c1@4ax.com:
>:>
>:>> I followed the advice I got in this ng and went to Afonic
>:>> DVD Guides to look for programs that actually work. They
>:>> claimed a program called IfoEdit would easily author DVD's.
>:>> What a joke. Do these people not realize you can't follow a
>:>> single word they say about anything?
>:>
>:>I sympathize with you.
>:>
>:>In the UK there is an organisation called "The Plain English
>:>Campaign" which was set up to tackle this sort of nonsense. They
>:>are now established in the USA (which is where I suspect you
>:>are!). Organisations tend to listen to these people when they
>:>might ignore people like us. Here's the link:
>:>
>:>http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/btc12.html
>:>
>:>I have no connection with this organisation but I am a writer
>:>and author (and film maker) and share your frustrations. Report
>:>them!
>:>
>:>Derry
>:WTF do people always think 'authoring a DVD is easy' (and a lot of
>:eek:ther things too, use wizard wehhhhhh).
>:Do you REALLY think you can be a surgeon and help anybody (live) after
>:you read 'knifing for dummies'?
>:
>:These are complex systems, IfoEdit assumes you KNOW your stuff.
>:Even for the profies it is a challenge.
>:Do NOT expect a drag and drop GUI wizard to solve your 'design trip to mars'
>:problem, Von Braun did it with pen and paper.
>:Think about it, and UNLESS you want to spend the time studying the subject,
>:you will be better of leaving it to those who did.
>:JP
>
>Wow I can't believe there are programmer type people who
>still think this kind of thinking is correct. We live in a
>GUI world despite those who think we should all still be
>using command line options.
>
>The idea that this process has to be complicated is just
>silly.
If you were into that, you would likely also complain about those doctors
using Latin.
Look here dude, you just waisting everybodies time here, we are NOT going to
solve your lack of grey matter connections.
In my view even with a drag and drop interface you would STILL have no clue what
you were doing.
So kinggorrila...

On a sunny day (Mon, 20 Dec 2004 01:33:51 GMT) it happened King Ghidora
<apacs01lsnegqdnm504qhv0j8qhen7j2e5@4ax.com>:

>Gee whiz people do you really think I am that stupid?
Yep

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 04:09:22 GMT, King Ghidora
<KingGhidora@PlanetX.com> wrote:

<wild trolling rants deleted>

Have you ever considered that you might be too stupid to use a
computer in the 21st century?

The vast majority of the population seem to cope fine, but you seem to
think it couldn't possibly be a problem with you and it therefore must
be the programmer's fault. That's quite funny in a sad sort of way.

Why don't you find 200 *other* stupid people and start a class-action
suit against computer programmers?

--
Owamanga!

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 01:28:15 GMT, King Ghidora WHO KEEPS ON
TOP-POSTING BECAUSE HE IS A TWIT <KingGhidora@PlanetX.com> wrote:

>Yeah I thought so too. I can do everything you said here.
>The problem is that I kept getting DVD's without any sound.

There probably is sound, maybe you've just gone deaf and can't hear it
any more. Exactly how old are you, old boy?

Or possibly it's your hands shaking too much and you are typing the
wrong commands in?

--
Owamanga!

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 01:19:20 GMT, King Ghidora
<KingGhidora@PlanetX.com> wrote:

>I know there are many people who share my frustrations with
>programmers who never understand that ordinary people have
>no interest in learning a myriad of details about a program.
>We just want to click a few buttons and get the job done.

Many of those tools are written by programmers who couldn't give a
flying toss about stupid old gits like yourself. They wrote the tools
for them and the scene, not for you. These are *not* the same as a
1980's word processing program, these are TOOLS, not COMMERCIAL
APPLICATIONS.

--
Owamanga!

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 22:27:16 GMT, Owamanga
<nomail@hotmail.com> wrote:

:On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 01:19:20 GMT, King Ghidora
:<KingGhidora@PlanetX.com> wrote:
:
:>I know there are many people who share my frustrations with
:>programmers who never understand that ordinary people have
:>no interest in learning a myriad of details about a program.
:>We just want to click a few buttons and get the job done.
:
:Many of those tools are written by programmers who couldn't give a
:flying toss about stupid old gits like yourself. They wrote the tools
:for them and the scene, not for you. These are *not* the same as a
:1980's word processing program, these are TOOLS, not COMMERCIAL
:APPLICATIONS.

Another ng a$$hole speaks. The "scene" eh? LOL What a
tube steak. Gee I guess Ulead only wrote software for "the
scene". I bet you're one of those geeks that wear goofy
clothes and like to think you're special because you smoke
crack. I see raves and rolling and teeth grinding and
pacifiers and a heart attack before you're 30. Yeah that
whole "scene" really impresses me. Gosh I bet you know all
the kewl dungeons to hang out in and poison yourself.

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 22:22:12 GMT, Owamanga
<nomail@hotmail.com> wrote:

:On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 01:28:15 GMT, King Ghidora WHO KEEPS ON
:TOP-POSTING BECAUSE HE IS A TWIT <KingGhidora@PlanetX.com> wrote:
:
:>Yeah I thought so too. I can do everything you said here.
:>The problem is that I kept getting DVD's without any sound.
:
:There probably is sound, maybe you've just gone deaf and can't hear it
:any more. Exactly how old are you, old boy?
:
:Or possibly it's your hands shaking too much and you are typing the
:wrong commands in?

LOL is that the best you can do. How about a good ole "I'm
rubber and you're glue". That's a classic you can use
whenever you can't think of anything more intelligent to say
than "how old are you". What a pin head. Can't hear? LOL
I bet that one goes over really well with your idiot
friends. Oops! My guess is you don't have any friends.

You're going to have to try harder. But judging by that
name you use this is probably the best you can do. Can't
hear. Now that's pathetic.