Has Anyone Else Attempted a Dual Boot?

Has Anyone Else Attempted a Dual Boot?

• Total voters

AtuBrian

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
So i know most of you know by now what a dual boot is i had already ran a dual boot before with windows xp and windows vista ultimate when it had come out and this is my second time now with windows 7 and xp now. I found it easier this time around because i hadn't been aware of the new shrink/resize feature that was included in the new os so made it alot easier then using gparted live which is a pain in the a**, for most of you who dont think there's a point to dual booting there is many reasons say for testing a new os that u dont want to be yor only and main os and many more etc. Just post the comments below if you want any help or suggestions i just recovered my toms account and am eager to help the community!
-Brian

arrghushakaboorga

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
I did a tri boot with Windows XP, Ubuntu 8.10, and Windows 7 Beta when the beta came out. Since the RC I have been only using Windows 7 RC on my Desktop. Once I reinstall when I get a break in my workload I'll be keeping the Windows 7 release only on my Desktop

You've manged to dig up a post from 2009. I prefer to use VM's (virtual machine) over dual booting because it's a pain in the arse to remove an OS from a multi boot system. It's much easier to remove a VM.

hulkbuster

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009

lol i randomly happen to browse through the forum category and this happen to caught my eye, i didn't notice it was that old.
I like the idea behind virtualization but i like Win7 "Win Virtual PC", it works really nicely, other virtualization doesn't offer the option to utilize the hardware resource. But i am more happy with Dual boot, i have my backups and their is no need to remove a OS from its partition.
I keep it that way. :)