Error 721 only on two of fourteen VPN connections.

WinXP Pro SP2 at home behind Buffalo WBR-54G, connecting to
Win2000/2003 Server RRAS VPNs at client offices. I have 14 VPN
connections setup, but I can only connect to 12 of them reliably. The
two in question get stuck at "Verifying Username & Password" 95% of
the time, but sometimes they go through. One is Verizon DSL, the
other is SBC DSL. FWIW, both have worked just fine in the past.

Now, the funky part... *IF* I connect directly to my cable modem, I
CAN connect to all 14 VPNs. AHHA, the Buffalo is funky!!! No, I
tried a D-Link DI-624 to test that theory, it wouldn't even get to
"Verifying Username & Password".

I've jacked with the VPN settings, static IP, forcing PPTP, etc., to
no avail.

Thoughts?

It is a problem with the Buffalo WBR-G54 device. I have one also and have never been able to
successfully VPN into my home XP Pro PPTP VPN server...:-(

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Doug" <dmasters@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7d59dfc0.0409221733.6101f8d8@posting.google.com...
> WinXP Pro SP2 at home behind Buffalo WBR-54G, connecting to
> Win2000/2003 Server RRAS VPNs at client offices. I have 14 VPN
> connections setup, but I can only connect to 12 of them reliably. The
> two in question get stuck at "Verifying Username & Password" 95% of
> the time, but sometimes they go through. One is Verizon DSL, the
> other is SBC DSL. FWIW, both have worked just fine in the past.
>
> Now, the funky part... *IF* I connect directly to my cable modem, I
> CAN connect to all 14 VPNs. AHHA, the Buffalo is funky!!! No, I
> tried a D-Link DI-624 to test that theory, it wouldn't even get to
> "Verifying Username & Password".
>
> I've jacked with the VPN settings, static IP, forcing PPTP, etc., to
> no avail.
>
> Thoughts?

No, I'm VPNing OUT, you're trying to VPN in. Totally different.

"Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message news:<##7qvhVoEHA.3728@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> It is a problem with the Buffalo WBR-G54 device. I have one also and have never been able to
> successfully VPN into my home XP Pro PPTP VPN server...:-(
>
> --
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> "Doug" <dmasters@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7d59dfc0.0409221733.6101f8d8@posting.google.com...
> > WinXP Pro SP2 at home behind Buffalo WBR-54G, connecting to
> > Win2000/2003 Server RRAS VPNs at client offices. I have 14 VPN
> > connections setup, but I can only connect to 12 of them reliably. The
> > two in question get stuck at "Verifying Username & Password" 95% of
> > the time, but sometimes they go through. One is Verizon DSL, the
> > other is SBC DSL. FWIW, both have worked just fine in the past.
> >
> > Now, the funky part... *IF* I connect directly to my cable modem, I
> > CAN connect to all 14 VPNs. AHHA, the Buffalo is funky!!! No, I
> > tried a D-Link DI-624 to test that theory, it wouldn't even get to
> > "Verifying Username & Password".
> >
> > I've jacked with the VPN settings, static IP, forcing PPTP, etc., to
> > no avail.
> >
> > Thoughts?

Ooppss...sorry... I misread the post...