Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

typical "I'm smarter than you" attitude

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
December 20, 2004 5:24:58 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

All you idiots who can't read should try to listen for once.
Assuming you are smart and someone else is stupid makes you
the stupid one. Every time you ass-u-me you make an ass out
of u and me.

In your eagerness to think you are smarter than me you made
the worst kinds of assumptions. Trying reading instead of
assuming. You might learn something. I was running
computer equipment before a good percentage of you people
were born. Before you assume you know I'm stupid try
looking in the mirror. Not reading what is actually said
then commenting anyway makes you look really stupid.
Anonymous
December 20, 2004 5:24:59 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Damn, you're right. I do feel stupid. And depressed. Christmas is
ruined. New Years too. Hell, 2005 is ruined now, too. Thanks for
helping me realize how stupid I am and thanks for explaining the whole
ass-u-me thing. I'm just glad I'm able to overcome my idiocy long
enough to make custom DVD's. Good luck with yours!

Puffinstuff


On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 02:24:58 GMT, King Ghidora
<KingGhidora@PlanetX.com> wrote:

>All you idiots who can't read should try to listen for once.
>Assuming you are smart and someone else is stupid makes you
>the stupid one. Every time you ass-u-me you make an ass out
>of u and me.
>
>In your eagerness to think you are smarter than me you made
>the worst kinds of assumptions. Trying reading instead of
>assuming. You might learn something. I was running
>computer equipment before a good percentage of you people
>were born. Before you assume you know I'm stupid try
>looking in the mirror. Not reading what is actually said
>then commenting anyway makes you look really stupid.
December 20, 2004 6:18:04 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

I agree with you completely, there are some that act like they were been
paid to answer problems and it was their day off., or worst style act like
they are bothered by questions and have to be a "Smart Ass" about it. I am
not covering this group with the whole blanket because there are some that
really help and do not have to tell us how dumb we are. I sugguest that if
some "Smart Ass" does not like the question was asked not to answer and
ignore it, instead of acting like they own this newsgroup and low-brow us.

Again, I am not talking about this Newsgroups as a whole



"King Ghidora" <KingGhidora@PlanetX.com> wrote in message
news:godcs0tqkrl6tadbjo0tdjbs1htlvfvr7p@4ax.com...
> All you idiots who can't read should try to listen for once.
> Assuming you are smart and someone else is stupid makes you
> the stupid one. Every time you ass-u-me you make an ass out
> of u and me.
>
> In your eagerness to think you are smarter than me you made
> the worst kinds of assumptions. Trying reading instead of
> assuming. You might learn something. I was running
> computer equipment before a good percentage of you people
> were born. Before you assume you know I'm stupid try
> looking in the mirror. Not reading what is actually said
> then commenting anyway makes you look really stupid.
Related resources
Anonymous
December 20, 2004 6:18:05 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Hmmm.... Now I wonder who they could be talking about?
The thing is, "King Ghidora" has provided more than enough
posts to judge his comprehension, so no assumption is needed.

Luck;
Ken

"l" <dusty-roads@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:Mvrxd.4501$Z47.3453@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>
> I agree with you completely, there are some that act like they were been
> paid to answer problems and it was their day off., or worst style act like
> they are bothered by questions and have to be a "Smart Ass" about it. I
> am not covering this group with the whole blanket because there are some
> that really help and do not have to tell us how dumb we are. I sugguest
> that if some "Smart Ass" does not like the question was asked not to
> answer and ignore it, instead of acting like they own this newsgroup and
> low-brow us.
>
> Again, I am not talking about this Newsgroups as a whole
>
>
>
> "King Ghidora" <KingGhidora@PlanetX.com> wrote in message
> news:godcs0tqkrl6tadbjo0tdjbs1htlvfvr7p@4ax.com...
>> All you idiots who can't read should try to listen for once.
>> Assuming you are smart and someone else is stupid makes you
>> the stupid one. Every time you ass-u-me you make an ass out
>> of u and me.
>>
>> In your eagerness to think you are smarter than me you made
>> the worst kinds of assumptions. Trying reading instead of
>> assuming. You might learn something. I was running
>> computer equipment before a good percentage of you people
>> were born. Before you assume you know I'm stupid try
>> looking in the mirror. Not reading what is actually said
>> then commenting anyway makes you look really stupid.
>
>
Anonymous
December 20, 2004 8:13:49 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Not wanting to learn the conventions of how DVD MPEG-2 works is in fact a
necessity of creating a proper disc. That is, if you want to do it right.
Sure, there are programs that lead you by the nose and give you what the
company who produced the program want to give you. If you are then not
satisfied with the end result you blame the company and the programmers. If
you don't want to know the technicalities of the DVD process, then it is the
fault of the manufacturer of the software and their programmers. Sort of a
"Catch-22" if you ask me.

If you are (as you say) someone who has been using computers longer than all
the rest of us, and in my case I doubt that seriously!, then reading the
technical specs of any and all programs - no matter what the subject or
objective, should be a piece of cake for you. At least it is for me, and I
am someone who has had a video editing computer on his desk since the very
first consumer/prosumer/professional cards hit the market in the 80's. There
is hardly a program out there dealing with video in any aspect that I cannot
use within the first day I install it.

Don't lash out at us claiming to be such a genius of "all that is computer"
because you think having one on your desk since...(whenever the date you
want to make up to make your story sound good) makes a bit of difference.
Your questions in the first post showed that you have taken the lazy route
to try a technology you do not understand, rather than doing the research to
understand that technology in order for you may enjoy it. That in itself
doesn't convince me you know, or have done "diddly" with computers, in your
whole life. If your so good, then figure it out. The information and
technical specs are out there for the taking. So, take advantage of it and
quit blaming programmers and manufacturers for your own shortcomings! If you
want a blender, buy a blender. If you want to author DVD then learn what
makes a DVD work.

My theory in life is that it is not good to "bite the hand that feeds you".
I, and other on this newsgroup, gave you FREE information hoping to help
you, and in addition I gave you links to pages explaining the very things
you asked in your original post. These are the things that make a DVD and
the video on that DVD make sense. It has nothing to do with programmers or
manufacturers of those programs. Regardless of whether or not it hurts me as
a reseller to say the following, I can say this... I am not one to be lashed
out at just because it makes you feel good in your little self-sanctified
reality. I did not come to you with anger, condescension, or pious. I came
to you with a clear conscience and the willingness to help you, without
judgement of any kind. Don't take your frustrations out on me. I did not
cause them.

You sir are the idiot. If you're not, then why is this DVD thing giving
you - the "longtime computer user who can read" so much stinking trouble?

Larry Johnson
Digital Video Solutions
webmaster@digitalvideosolutions.com
http://www.digitalvideosolutions.com
877-227-6281 Toll Free Sales Assistance
386-672-1941 Customer Service
386-672-1907 Technical Support
386-676-1515 Fax

"King Ghidora" <KingGhidora@PlanetX.com> wrote in message
news:godcs0tqkrl6tadbjo0tdjbs1htlvfvr7p@4ax.com...
> All you idiots who can't read should try to listen for once.
> Assuming you are smart and someone else is stupid makes you
> the stupid one. Every time you ass-u-me you make an ass out
> of u and me.
>
> In your eagerness to think you are smarter than me you made
> the worst kinds of assumptions. Trying reading instead of
> assuming. You might learn something. I was running
> computer equipment before a good percentage of you people
> were born. Before you assume you know I'm stupid try
> looking in the mirror. Not reading what is actually said
> then commenting anyway makes you look really stupid.
Anonymous
December 20, 2004 8:59:50 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

King Ghidora wrote:

>All you idiots who can't read should try to listen for once.
>Assuming you are smart and someone else is stupid makes you
>the stupid one. Every time you ass-u-me you make an ass out
>of u and me.
>
>In your eagerness to think you are smarter than me you made
>the worst kinds of assumptions. Trying reading instead of
>assuming. You might learn something.

> I was running
>computer equipment before a good percentage of you people
>were born.

That just makes you old, not smarter

> Before you assume you know I'm stupid try
>looking in the mirror. Not reading what is actually said
>then commenting anyway makes you look really stupid.
Anonymous
December 20, 2004 3:56:44 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 02:24:58 GMT, King Ghidora
<KingGhidora@PlanetX.com> wrote:

>All you idiots who can't read should try to listen for once.
>Assuming you are smart and someone else is stupid makes you
>the stupid one. Every time you ass-u-me you make an ass out
>of u and me.
>
>In your eagerness to think you are smarter than me you made
>the worst kinds of assumptions. Trying reading instead of
>assuming. You might learn something. I was running
>computer equipment before a good percentage of you people
>were born. Before you assume you know I'm stupid try
>looking in the mirror. Not reading what is actually said
>then commenting anyway makes you look really stupid.

Did you study under the Democratic National Committee?
How does this help you? How does it make people want to help you?
Frustration makes us do strange things, like bite the hands of those
trying to help.
--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Anonymous
December 20, 2004 11:37:45 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

l wrote:

> I agree with you completely, there are some that act like they were
> been paid to answer problems and it was their day off., or worst
> style act like they are bothered by questions and have to be a "Smart
> Ass" about it.

But that's just the way how Usenet works. First, you ask a question.
Then - supposing your original post is interesting or funny enough,
which it in most cases probably isn't - we will discuss and comment on
it; ridicule it, drift into other topics, post something completely
unrelated in response. If anything even remotely useful comes out of
that process, it's only incidental.

--
znark
Anonymous
December 21, 2004 12:16:44 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"Jukka Aho" <jukka.aho@iki.fi> wrote in message
news:_ZExd.2050$0O3.1230@reader1.news.jippii.net...
>l wrote:
>
>> I agree with you completely, there are some that act like they were
>> been paid to answer problems and it was their day off., or worst
>> style act like they are bothered by questions and have to be a "Smart
>> Ass" about it.
>
> But that's just the way how Usenet works. First, you ask a question.
> Then - supposing your original post is interesting or funny enough, which
> it in most cases probably isn't - we will discuss and comment on it;
> ridicule it, drift into other topics, post something completely unrelated
> in response. If anything even remotely useful comes out of that process,
> it's only incidental.
>
> --
> znark

100% correct, this is a public newsgroup after all. Personally I think he is
a troll, if he is as smart as he thinks he is how come he can't get it
working when all of the rest of us seem to use the same tools quite well
thank you very much.
Anonymous
December 21, 2004 12:20:11 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Well said Larry, he is a troll of the worst kind, one that thinks he is not.

"Digital Video Solutions" <video@digitalvideosolutions.com> wrote in message
news:hctxd.179893$6w6.89653@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
> Not wanting to learn the conventions of how DVD MPEG-2 works is in fact a
> necessity of creating a proper disc. That is, if you want to do it right.
> Sure, there are programs that lead you by the nose and give you what the
> company who produced the program want to give you. If you are then not
> satisfied with the end result you blame the company and the programmers.
> If
> you don't want to know the technicalities of the DVD process, then it is
> the
> fault of the manufacturer of the software and their programmers. Sort of a
> "Catch-22" if you ask me.
>
> If you are (as you say) someone who has been using computers longer than
> all
> the rest of us, and in my case I doubt that seriously!, then reading the
> technical specs of any and all programs - no matter what the subject or
> objective, should be a piece of cake for you. At least it is for me, and I
> am someone who has had a video editing computer on his desk since the
> very
> first consumer/prosumer/professional cards hit the market in the 80's.
> There
> is hardly a program out there dealing with video in any aspect that I
> cannot
> use within the first day I install it.
>
> Don't lash out at us claiming to be such a genius of "all that is
> computer"
> because you think having one on your desk since...(whenever the date you
> want to make up to make your story sound good) makes a bit of difference.
> Your questions in the first post showed that you have taken the lazy route
> to try a technology you do not understand, rather than doing the research
> to
> understand that technology in order for you may enjoy it. That in itself
> doesn't convince me you know, or have done "diddly" with computers, in
> your
> whole life. If your so good, then figure it out. The information and
> technical specs are out there for the taking. So, take advantage of it and
> quit blaming programmers and manufacturers for your own shortcomings! If
> you
> want a blender, buy a blender. If you want to author DVD then learn what
> makes a DVD work.
>
> My theory in life is that it is not good to "bite the hand that feeds
> you".
> I, and other on this newsgroup, gave you FREE information hoping to help
> you, and in addition I gave you links to pages explaining the very things
> you asked in your original post. These are the things that make a DVD and
> the video on that DVD make sense. It has nothing to do with programmers or
> manufacturers of those programs. Regardless of whether or not it hurts me
> as
> a reseller to say the following, I can say this... I am not one to be
> lashed
> out at just because it makes you feel good in your little self-sanctified
> reality. I did not come to you with anger, condescension, or pious. I came
> to you with a clear conscience and the willingness to help you, without
> judgement of any kind. Don't take your frustrations out on me. I did not
> cause them.
>
> You sir are the idiot. If you're not, then why is this DVD thing giving
> you - the "longtime computer user who can read" so much stinking trouble?
>
> Larry Johnson
> Digital Video Solutions
> webmaster@digitalvideosolutions.com
> http://www.digitalvideosolutions.com
> 877-227-6281 Toll Free Sales Assistance
> 386-672-1941 Customer Service
> 386-672-1907 Technical Support
> 386-676-1515 Fax
>
> "King Ghidora" <KingGhidora@PlanetX.com> wrote in message
> news:godcs0tqkrl6tadbjo0tdjbs1htlvfvr7p@4ax.com...
>> All you idiots who can't read should try to listen for once.
>> Assuming you are smart and someone else is stupid makes you
>> the stupid one. Every time you ass-u-me you make an ass out
>> of u and me.
>>
>> In your eagerness to think you are smarter than me you made
>> the worst kinds of assumptions. Trying reading instead of
>> assuming. You might learn something. I was running
>> computer equipment before a good percentage of you people
>> were born. Before you assume you know I'm stupid try
>> looking in the mirror. Not reading what is actually said
>> then commenting anyway makes you look really stupid.
>
>
Anonymous
December 21, 2004 1:04:19 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 02:24:58 GMT, King Ghidora
<KingGhidora@PlanetX.com> wrote:

>All you idiots who can't read should try to listen for once.

U R A TROLL.

Bugger Off.

--
Owamanga!
Anonymous
December 21, 2004 2:35:55 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"Owamanga" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:najes01k34to40cg86v13ob6hrc4i6fe1a@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 02:24:58 GMT, King Ghidora
> <KingGhidora@PlanetX.com> wrote:
>
>>All you idiots who can't read should try to listen for once.
>
> U R A TROLL.
>
> Bugger Off.
>
> --
> Owamanga!

And not even from this planet!
Anonymous
December 21, 2004 10:53:34 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"Pete D" wrote ...
> You all realise that this is the old Prof Marvel!!! Different name, same
> troll!!

They are side-by-side in my killfile.
Anonymous
December 21, 2004 11:10:44 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"Richard Crowley" <rcrowley7@xprt.net> wrote in message
news:10sgho0qpibthe6@corp.supernews.com...
> "Pete D" wrote ...
>> You all realise that this is the old Prof Marvel!!! Different name, same
>> troll!!
>
> They are side-by-side in my killfile.
>

Hi Richard,

Sounds like a good move.
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 12:41:26 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"Pete D" <no@email.com> wrote in message
news:0jHxd.82119$K7.68653@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> 100% correct, this is a public newsgroup after all. Personally I think he
is
> a troll, if he is as smart as he thinks he is how come he can't get it
> working when all of the rest of us seem to use the same tools quite well
> thank you very much.

He's not a troll. He's just not as smart as he thinks he is. Having worked
on computers for over 20 years, the first thing I want to know if I can't
get something to work is if anyone else is able to get it to work. The fact
that this completely eludes him indicates that he's not much of a problem
solver.
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 6:33:11 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"FLY135" <fly_135@(hot not not)notmail.com> wrote in message
news:aM0yd.8114$yK.6897@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>
> "Pete D" <no@email.com> wrote in message
> news:0jHxd.82119$K7.68653@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>> 100% correct, this is a public newsgroup after all. Personally I think he
> is
>> a troll, if he is as smart as he thinks he is how come he can't get it
>> working when all of the rest of us seem to use the same tools quite well
>> thank you very much.
>
> He's not a troll. He's just not as smart as he thinks he is. Having
> worked
> on computers for over 20 years, the first thing I want to know if I can't
> get something to work is if anyone else is able to get it to work. The
> fact
> that this completely eludes him indicates that he's not much of a problem
> solver.
>

Feel free to do your best then. ROFL
!