Remote Desktop Connection

Jessica

Currently I have WXP PC's. However, when I upgrade a W2K
PC to WXP I get the error message "The local policty of
this computer does not allow you to log on interactively"
when I try to use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to
it. Also, I am running W2K servers. Thanks.

You might try reverting back to Win2000 and downloading the Remote Desktop
Client for Win2000. I just went through the same thing and finally through
in the towel and started fresh with XP. My system now flies faster & farther
than ever before and I'm completely ecstatic. I will say though that when I
upgraded win2000 to XP I could not get a break with RDC. Hope this helps.

"Jessica" wrote:

> Currently I have WXP PC's. However, when I upgrade a W2K
> PC to WXP I get the error message "The local policty of
> this computer does not allow you to log on interactively"
> when I try to use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to
> it. Also, I am running W2K servers. Thanks.

Thanks for your help. I found after some digging that
all I had to do was add the administrators account to the
local security policy for "allow logon from terminal
services" and it worked!

You don't want to do this as you won't have Remote Desktop "server"
capabilities... :)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com