Adobe Premiere Question

I exported a movie from adobe premiere and it does not seem to follow
the time line. There are parts still in the movie that I had cut out.
Any suggestions?
10 answers Last reply
More about adobe premiere question

    "Chris Maness" wrote ...
    >I exported a movie from adobe premiere and it does not seem to follow the
    >time line. There are parts still in the movie that I had cut out. Any
    >suggestions?

    Try deleting all the temp files and force it to re-render.

    Where does it store the temp file?

    Richard Crowley wrote:
    > "Chris Maness" wrote ...
    >
    >>I exported a movie from adobe premiere and it does not seem to follow the
    >>time line. There are parts still in the movie that I had cut out. Any
    >>suggestions?
    >

    > Try deleting all the temp files and force it to re-render.

    I'm thinking, that the problem might be that I just renamed .VOB to .MPG
    and imported it into Premiere (flame suit on, i'm a newbie). I now am
    using TMPGEnc to demux. The resultant m2v looks good, but I need to
    figure out a good tool for converting the ac3 file so that I can edit
    the sound along with the video.

    Richard Crowley wrote:

    > "Chris Maness" wrote ...
    >
    >>I exported a movie from adobe premiere and it does not seem to follow the
    >>time line. There are parts still in the movie that I had cut out. Any
    >>suggestions?
    >

    > Try deleting all the temp files and force it to re-render.

    Follow Up:

    Really strange. When I import the DMUXED m2v file into Premiere. It
    plays more than twice as fast. That is probably why everything was
    screwed up when I had exported originally. I guess I'm gonna either
    need to convert to AVI or get the mpeg plugin for Adobe Premiere.

    Chris Maness wrote:

    > I'm thinking, that the problem might be that I just renamed .VOB to .MPG
    > and imported it into Premiere (flame suit on, i'm a newbie). I now am
    > using TMPGEnc to demux. The resultant m2v looks good, but I need to
    > figure out a good tool for converting the ac3 file so that I can edit
    > the sound along with the video.
    >

    > Richard Crowley wrote:
    >
    >> "Chris Maness" wrote ...
    >>
    >>> I exported a movie from adobe premiere and it does not seem to follow
    >>> the time line. There are parts still in the movie that I had cut
    >>> out. Any suggestions?
    >>

    >> Try deleting all the temp files and force it to re-render.

    I've had good luck with Ac3 Decode from
    http://www.users.on.net/~rsobon/ac3dec.html

    Mike

    Chris Maness wrote:
    > I'm thinking, that the problem might be that I just renamed .VOB to
    > .MPG and imported it into Premiere (flame suit on, i'm a newbie). I
    > now am using TMPGEnc to demux. The resultant m2v looks good, but I
    > need to figure out a good tool for converting the ac3 file so that I
    > can edit the sound along with the video.
    >

    > Richard Crowley wrote:
    >
    >> "Chris Maness" wrote ...
    >>
    >>> I exported a movie from adobe premiere and it does not seem to
    >>> follow the time line. There are parts still in the movie that I
    >>> had cut out. Any suggestions?
    >>

    >> Try deleting all the temp files and force it to re-render.

    On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 23:58:36 -0800, Chris Maness
    <Chris@PLSNOSPAMchrismaness.com> wrote:

    >I exported a movie from adobe premiere and it does not seem to follow
    >the time line. There are parts still in the movie that I had cut out.
    >Any suggestions?

    Premiere can't really edit mpeg properly without a plug-in.

    What is a good program for doing simple editing of mpeg-2 files?

    Jim Gunn wrote:

    > On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 23:58:36 -0800, Chris Maness
    > <Chris@PLSNOSPAMchrismaness.com> wrote:
    >

    >>I exported a movie from adobe premiere and it does not seem to follow
    >>the time line. There are parts still in the movie that I had cut out.
    >>Any suggestions?
    >

    > Premiere can't really edit mpeg properly without a plug-in.

    >You are confusing production formats with release codecs.
    >It has only been in very recent times that anybody has wanted
    >to edit MPEG, DIVIX, etc.

    yes I agree with you onlly to a point. There was a time that most
    people only trusted steam powered propulsion. Internal combusion was
    just a fad until it really caught on widespread.

    Granted computers and computer technology moves on at a 2000% rate but
    come on, MPG, AVI with a 6.5 release, then the short lived 1.0 to the
    1.5 release, you can't tell me that they can keep up to the times if
    it is just a codec ?

    Maybe they do need to be taken down a step or two. If you can't keep
    up with the times and technology, it is time to step aside.

    Please, mpg and avi have been well out for over a year. In computer
    time that is 10 years. GYST or you will be #2.

    "Chris Maness" <Chris@PLSNOSPAMchrismaness.com> wrote in message
    | Richard Crowley wrote:
    | > "Chris Maness" wrote ...
    | >
    | >>I exported a movie from adobe premiere and it does not seem to follow
    the
    | >>time line. There are parts still in the movie that I had cut out. Any
    | >>suggestions?
    | >

    | > Try deleting all the temp files and force it to re-render.
    | >

    | Where does it store the temp file?

    There's a command in the menu bar to delete all temp files.

    JaF

    > No one in their right mind would ever try to edit mpeg files after
    the fact.
    > It's too damn hard. Having said that, there are thousands who will
    continue
    > to try and, in doing so, waste an incredible amount of time. For
    example,
    > if someone has a DVD that they want re-edited, it's far easier to capture
    > the signal from a DVD player than it is to screw around with vob editors,
    > ac3 editors, etc.

    That is exactly what I was trying to do. I tried another poster's
    suggestion and downloaded the app on the banner add (VideoReDo). It
    works great. The only downside is that I can't import video into the
    clip I'm editing and there are no transition effects, but the awesome
    thing about it is that it does not re-render the file. Therefor, it is
    FAST. I still plan on editing my own video by using Premiere, and AVI
    format.

    Thanks for the help guys.

    p.s. Now that I have edited the VOBs, what is the best simple app
    (freeware) to just allow you to create IFO files so that I can burn
    these VOBs right back onto a DVD. I don't need a fancy menu at all,
    just something that will thread the VOBs in order. I don't want an app
    that will try to re-render the files. I had to re-name them mpg so that
    VideoReDo would accept them. It is still a mpeg-2 with a ac3 audio
    track multiplexed into it. So, I guess that all I should have to do is
    re-name them VOB.

    I could try to use the IFO files from the original DVD, but I'm afraid
    since the DVD have been edited that would not work.

    Thanks again.

Tuner Cards Adobe Premiere Movies Graphics