Windows XP Home as remote host possible?

Hi,

I was just googling and read that only WinXP Pro can be
remote desktop host. This was an old article. Is this
still true? TIA

Jill

J Godfrey wrote:
> I was just googling and read that only WinXP Pro can be
> remote desktop host. This was an old article. Is this
> still true? TIA

Windows 2000 Server series, Windows XP Professional(and supersets) and
Windows 2003 Server series are the only products with built in capabilities
to be remote desktop/terminal services hosts.

--
<- Shenan ->

As Shenan Stanley says--XP Home hasn't changed, except to the extent that
SP2 improved security. Remote Desktop is Pro only (in XP.)

"J Godfrey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I was just googling and read that only WinXP Pro can be
> remote desktop host. This was an old article. Is this
> still true? TIA
>
> Jill

In addition Bill and Shenan's comments you might look at UltraVNC as an alternative... Get the
server, client and encryption plug-in from...

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
http://home.comcast.net/%7Emsrc4plugin/

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)