Need simple tool to cut & paste ASF and/or WMV video clips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.os.ms-windows.video,alt.multimedia.mpeg (More info?)

I need a simple tool just to cut and paste multiple parts of an ASF/WMV encoded video clip.
Does someone know such an utility?

Steve

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 22:55:11 +0100, spugh@yahoo.co.uk (Steve Pugh)
wrote:

>I need a simple tool just to cut and paste multiple parts of an ASF/WMV encoded video clip.
>Does someone know such an utility?

Check Boilsoft.com for their splitting and joining tools.

I've used ULead Videostudio7, or DVD Studio before. But the windows
media file editor which comes as part of the WM Encoder install does
just as well.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/encoder/default.aspx

There's nothing I can think of immediately which would act as a WMV
clipboard which is what you're angling for though. With the file
editor, you'd mark in+out points for each part of the clip, then
recombine them later end-to-end. So it'd be a manulally intensive
process if u had a lot of video to clip out.

Do you not have access to the original MPEG or AVI source files ?

Cheers - Neil

wrote:

>I need a simple tool just to cut and paste multiple parts of an ASF/WMV encoded video clip.
>Does someone know such an utility?
>
>Steve

Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Asf Tools v3.1 is a freeware program that works better (for me) than
any other program I have tried.

Roger Kadau
Romulus, MI

dasli

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
Hi,
try VidCrop PRO ( http://www.geovid.com/VidCrop_PRO/) .
This program excelent cut and convert video popular formats.