Complex transcoding question VHS-1394-MPEG2

Ulead Video Studio is said to be bale to capture realtime mpeg2 from a
dv source via a 1394 card.

i wish to create dvd's (mpeg2) from vhs tapes . what if i plug in the
rca or svhs output cables from the vhs deck to the matching inputs on
a canon gl1. could i then simultaneously output a dv signal from the
gl1 1394 port to a 1394 capture card and to Video Studeo?

Steve Friedman <nospamplease@somewhere.com> wrote in

> Ulead Video Studio is said to be bale to capture realtime mpeg2
> from a dv source via a 1394 card.
>
> i wish to create dvd's (mpeg2) from vhs tapes . what if i plug in
> the rca or svhs output cables from the vhs deck to the matching
> inputs on a canon gl1. could i then simultaneously output a dv
> signal from the gl1 1394 port to a 1394 capture card and to Video
> Studeo?

Some camcorders can do this and some can't. I don't know about yours,
but perhaps the manual will tell you.

You would also need to find out how to configure the camera for this
purpose, so again, check the manual.

If your camera does it, it's a nice way to capture analog video, so I
hope it works.

Gino

--
Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com

TRENDING THREADS