Converting DV to DVD - Bad quality

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 21, 2004 3:53:29 AM

Hi,

I am trying to record from DV tapes to DVD. However, the quality of the
rendered video is not good enough (lots of break-ups in the picture).
Your help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Bass.
December 21, 2004 6:09:40 AM

Hi znark,

Yup that's what I meant with break-ups! I will try to burn the DVD and
let you know.

Thanks!
December 21, 2004 6:13:59 AM

By the way,

When I tried to burn a VCD or SVCD the same problem appeared and when
playing on TV it remained the same!
Am I doing anything wrong here?

Cheers
Related resources
December 21, 2004 12:35:18 PM

Theres lots of variables here. Foremost might be how much video are you
trying to put onto one DVD. After an hour you have to start sacrificing
quality. Not all encoders are equal either. Often the all in one apps for DV
to DVD will do a good job, but then again, sometimes they don't.

When you say 'break ups'. I think you are talking about when the pictures
dissolves into a cloud of pixels. Does that tend to happen whenever your
video enters a section with lots of fast action? If so, this would point to
your encoder not doing a good job. Often this is the result of too low a
bitrate. Or perhaps a cut rate encoder that dosen't do a good job.

"Bass" <basselhorr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to record from DV tapes to DVD. However, the quality of the
> rendered video is not good enough (lots of break-ups in the picture).
> Your help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
> Bass.

Anonymous
December 21, 2004 2:06:35 PM

Bass wrote:

> I am trying to record from DV tapes to DVD. However, the quality
> of the rendered video is not good enough (lots of break-ups in
> the picture). Your help is appreciated.

What do you mean by "break-ups"?

If something like this...

<http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/screenshots/TitanicB...;

....it is perfectly normal, and you shouldn't do anything about it. It
will show correctly once you play back the DVD on a tv.

You might also want to take a look at the following article:

<http://www.lurkertech.com/lg/fields/fields.html&gt;

--
znark
December 22, 2004 12:25:35 AM

Thanks RS,

Do you recommend any good encoder. One that does it all would be
prefered!

Thanks,
Bass.
!