AC adapter for Konica Minolta Z2

fred

The manual recommends Minolta AC Adapter AC-1L. It costs around $50 in
online stores.

I found at radio Shack a 6V-800mA AC to DC converter for $18. Will this work
with Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z2 camera?

Also do AA lithium batteries with life longer than alkaline batteries work?.

Thanks in advance.

"Fred" <jaj_777x@excite.com> wrote in message
> The manual recommends Minolta AC Adapter AC-1L. It costs around $50 in
> online stores.
>
> I found at radio Shack a 6V-800mA AC to DC converter for $18. Will this
> work with Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z2 camera?
>
> Also do AA lithium batteries with life longer than alkaline batteries
> work?.
>
> Thanks in advance.

The short answer is no.
The AC-1L is 6v at 2000ma.

This one is for Digital Cameras. Universal voltage up to 2000ma. $24.99
http://www.radioshack.com/searchsku.asp?find=273-1696

So is this one. 6v 1800ma. $21.99.
http://www.radioshack.com/searchsku.asp?find=273-1763

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

"Fred" <jaj_777x@excite.com> wrote in message
> The manual recommends Minolta AC Adapter AC-1L. It costs around $50 in
> online stores.
>
> I found at radio Shack a 6V-800mA AC to DC converter for $18. Will this
> work with Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z2 camera?
>
> Also do AA lithium batteries with life longer than alkaline batteries
> work?.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Second reply.

AA Lithium Batteries do last longer than Alkaline, You should never use
Alkaline batteries in a digital Camera, because the power required is too
much for Alkaline batteries.

The best choice for digital cameras is NIMH re-chargeable batteries and a
fast charger.
The higher the mah rating the longer they will last between charges. 1600
mah or greater is better.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

fred

> The short answer is no.
> The AC-1L is 6v at 2000ma.
>

> This one is for Digital Cameras. Universal voltage up to 2000ma. $24.99
> http://www.radioshack.com/searchsku.asp?find=273-1696
>
> So is this one. 6v 1800ma. $21.99.
> http://www.radioshack.com/searchsku.asp?find=273-1763

This online store has multi-output-voltage AC adapter for 1$9.95:
http://www.oselectronics.com/ose_p17.htm (WT48-1190)

It is rated 2100mA.

I also saw a similar adapter at Wal-Mart for $14.95. I should check the its
amperage rating.

Thanks.

RoJ

In the UK, for my Minolta Dimage A1, the offered AC adapter for the camera
was £50 (equal to $ 100), so I went for a Uniross regulated AC/DC adapter,
model AD101708(UK). This provided steps between 3 and 7 volts , with output
corresponding to 2500 to 1900 ma = 13.3 VA. This unit cost less than half
the Minolta price and works perfectly.
Suggest you do a Uniross search or its equivalent.
Cheers,
RoJ