The Amazing King Ghidora Phenomenon

We have all been amused by the "King Ghidora" threads above - perhaps
the most elaborate and amazing troll of the year. But no one could be
that dumb. The guy claims to be a computer expert who can take
programmer gobbledegook and make it simpler for the average user, but he
himself can't even make a DVD! DVD programs run the gamut from the
lowest entry level to Hollywood professional, but he hasn't found one
yet that works, or that he can understand.

I'm not buying it. I just wonder what was the point of such an elaborate
hoax.

Gary Eickmeier

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 14:27:18 GMT, Gary Eickmeier
<geickmei@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

>We have all been amused by the "King Ghidora" threads above - perhaps
>the most elaborate and amazing troll of the year. But no one could be
>that dumb. The guy claims to be a computer expert who can take
>programmer gobbledegook and make it simpler for the average user, but he
>himself can't even make a DVD! DVD programs run the gamut from the
>lowest entry level to Hollywood professional, but he hasn't found one
>yet that works, or that he can understand.
>
>I'm not buying it. I just wonder what was the point of such an elaborate
>hoax.

I agree, this is most likely a very creative troll. But I'm not sold
yet. If he is, the top-posting was a nice touch.

However, troll or not, it's funny to watch.

--
Owamanga!

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:49:26 GMT, Owamanga <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 14:27:18 GMT, Gary Eickmeier
><geickmei@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>We have all been amused by the "King Ghidora" threads above - perhaps
>>the most elaborate and amazing troll of the year. But no one could be
>>that dumb. The guy claims to be a computer expert who can take
>>programmer gobbledegook and make it simpler for the average user, but he
>>himself can't even make a DVD! DVD programs run the gamut from the
>>lowest entry level to Hollywood professional, but he hasn't found one
>>yet that works, or that he can understand.
>>
>>I'm not buying it. I just wonder what was the point of such an elaborate
>>hoax.
>
>I agree, this is most likely a very creative troll. But I'm not sold
>yet. If he is, the top-posting was a nice touch.
>
>However, troll or not, it's funny to watch.

Weird. He's in a semi-legitamate discussion in alt.video.dvd.authoring
right now "no sound in DVD made by Ulead" about the same thing.

Maybe he isn't a troll after all, he's just really dumb, unless
multi-group non-cross-posted trolling is the new fad.

--
Owamanga!

"Owamanga" wrote ...
> Weird. He's in a semi-legitamate discussion in alt.video.dvd.authoring
> right now "no sound in DVD made by Ulead" about the same thing.
>
> Maybe he isn't a troll after all, he's just really dumb, unless
> multi-group non-cross-posted trolling is the new fad.

Were you around for the "Prof Marvel" phenomenon?
Same behavior. Perhaps he is suffering from a bipolar
disorder?

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 08:25:25 -0800, "Richard Crowley"
<rcrowley7@xprt.net> wrote:

>"Owamanga" wrote ...
>> Weird. He's in a semi-legitamate discussion in alt.video.dvd.authoring
>> right now "no sound in DVD made by Ulead" about the same thing.
>>
>> Maybe he isn't a troll after all, he's just really dumb, unless
>> multi-group non-cross-posted trolling is the new fad.
>
>Were you around for the "Prof Marvel" phenomenon?
>Same behavior. Perhaps he is suffering from a bipolar
>disorder?

No, what was the topic ? (then I'll google it)

--
Owamanga!

"Owamanga" wrote ...
> "Richard Crowley"
>>Were you around for the "Prof Marvel" phenomenon?
>>Same behavior. Perhaps he is suffering from a bipolar
>>disorder?
>
> No, what was the topic ? (then I'll google it)

There were several topics. Better to look for "Marvel"
if you really want to wade through the dreck. I wouldn't.

Before you jump down this guys throat.

I had to visit Crowley's site to find out how smart he was. Not sure why I
even went there as he hasn't asked any stupid questions that I can remember.

Others here who don't post their information seem credible simply by what
they post. They seem so stable and sensible.

I have 28 years of experience with audio, software, movies, visual fx,
music, engineering and the like and I am routinely yanked around here by
asswipes who can't believe anyone would have expertise they don't have. I
have software running in high profile aircraft, a successful product on the
keyboard market, credit on dozens of major feature films and a history of
successes that I am proud of. Since I am not stupid enough to elaborate on
this in a public urinal like USENET I am constanly called a liar by people
who have a problem with that. I used to get a little tweaked about it..
Anymore.. it is fun.

Ten years ago I remember getting in a long drawn out argument because I
posted that cassette tape was dead. Imagine that.

Ocassionally I will indeed ask a very stupid question. That is how I got
where I am today. And yes, it does make me look stupid. Which I am too old
to care about. I certainly do not know everything. But when someone who
works for me asks a stupid question I take time to explain the annswer to
them. If they ask the same question repeatedly I let them go. As long as the
people who sign the checks don;t think I am stupid... all is well!

I have no problem taking people at the word. Until they prove otherwise.

At some point I would love to elaborate on why I prefer anonymity. There are
some truly funny stories that have to do with that old TV show "A Current
Affair" and a feature that I was working on at the time.. And little trip
through the legal department at Universal. All courtesy of a complete
lunatic that I gave a great job to. And I never suspected him until I was
told about it years later. It is truly unbelievable how cruel and dispicable
some people can be.

> "Owamanga" wrote ...
>> "Richard Crowley"
>>>Were you around for the "Prof Marvel" phenomenon?
>>>Same behavior. Perhaps he is suffering from a bipolar
>>>disorder?
>>
>> No, what was the topic ? (then I'll google it)
>
> There were several topics. Better to look for "Marvel"
> if you really want to wade through the dreck. I wouldn't.

"nappy-iou" wrote ...
> Before you jump down this guys throat.
>
> I had to visit Crowley's site to find out how smart he was. Not sure why I
> even went there

Not sure whether to take that as a complement or not! :)

> as he hasn't asked any stupid questions that I can remember.

I try to research my own stupid questions by spending a few
quality milliseconds with Google before posting them and
revealing my stupidity in public. OTOH, if people regard me
as stupid because of my political and/or religious beliefs,
that is their problem, not mine.

> "nappy-iou" wrote ...
>> Before you jump down this guys throat.
>>
>> I had to visit Crowley's site to find out how smart he was. Not sure why
>> I even went there
>
> Not sure whether to take that as a complement or not! :)
>
>> as he hasn't asked any stupid questions that I can remember.
>
> I try to research my own stupid questions by spending a few
> quality milliseconds with Google before posting them and
> revealing my stupidity in public. OTOH, if people regard me
> as stupid because of my political and/or religious beliefs,
> that is their problem, not mine.

It's often said that : "There are no stupid questions". While I
am pretty sure that was arrived at before the advent of the
Internet Troll, I guess it still holds. The greater hazard is the
stupid, or poorly thought out answer. We all can make a
mistake now and then; mis-read a post, take something the
wrong way, or just loose our patience.

It appears to me that Mr. Crowley has managed to avoid
these hazards, for the most part. If he has only been called
stupid in response to a political or religious position, he has
faired much better than I.

Luck;
Ken

nappy-iou wrote:
> "Richard Crowley" <rcrowley7@xprt.net> wrote in message

>>Not sure whether to take that as a complement or not! :)
>

> Certainly doesn't read the way I wanted. Take it as a complement.

That's "compliment" fellers. A "complement" would be the part that
completes something. (I'm a language nazi; don't take offense).

If King Gardenia was a sincere fellow, he would stick to the question at
hand, rather than branch off into the land of insults and innuendo. If
there were a real problem that he needed to solve, that would take
priority over his ego and he wouldn't get so sidetracked and verbose. He
is just dicking with us. I was attempting to troll him back and see how
he likes it.

Either that, or he needs to replace his sound card!

Gary Eickmeier

"Gary Eickmeier" wrote ...
> That's "compliment" fellers. A "complement" would be the part that
> completes something. (I'm a language nazi; don't take offense).

Yeah, I felt it might be wrong, but alas, my spell-checker doesn't
distinguish between homonyms :-(
(Or check for proper use of commas, either!)

"Gary Eickmeier" <geickmei@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

> nappy-iou wrote:
>> "Richard Crowley" <rcrowley7@xprt.net> wrote in message
>
>>>Not sure whether to take that as a complement or not! :)
>>

>> Certainly doesn't read the way I wanted. Take it as a complement.
>
> That's "compliment" fellers. A "complement" would be the part that
> completes something. (I'm a language nazi; don't take offense).

Dang it your right. Well... A complement to Richards peaceful demeanor is
his intellogents.

> "Owamanga" wrote ...
>> Weird. He's in a semi-legitamate discussion in alt.video.dvd.authoring
>> right now "no sound in DVD made by Ulead" about the same thing.
>>
>> Maybe he isn't a troll after all, he's just really dumb, unless
>> multi-group non-cross-posted trolling is the new fad.
>
> Were you around for the "Prof Marvel" phenomenon?
> Same behavior. Perhaps he is suffering from a bipolar
> disorder?

Richard, I suspect that they are one and the same, I would have to do some
resaerch but they are uncannily similar.