Incorrect computer name error

I am trying to connect to my Network windows xp pro computer from my home
windows xp pro computer. I have enabled VPN conections as allowable on the
work network, and have enabled remote desktop on my work PC. I have tried
numourious times to connect to my work PC from home via vpn connection and I
can log in via vpn with no problems but I get the follow error,

"The specified remote computer could not be found, Verify that you have
typed the correct computer name or IP address, and then try connecting again.
"

What I find odd is that all this worked about 2 months ago, and then we had
a drastic couple of power failures and this ablity stopped. The server lost
it's IP address during one of the power failures and I had to return it to a
static IP from a dynamic. And then remote desktop no longer worked.

Any suggestions on what happen and what I need to do to get this working
again? I have ISA and IIS running on the windows 2000 SBS server.

How are you addressing the work machine? By name, or by IP address?

Can you verify what the current private IP address is for the work XP Pro
host machine, and try using that as the name?

If this works by IP, but not by name, you have bad entries in the DNS server
on the SBS-2000 machine, I think.