Conflicts with radio telephones - channel changes?

My wireless network keeps being lost by my remote laptop.

I have a Linksys Wireless-G ADSL Gateway WAG54G router as my internet
connection, an ethernet connection to a main machine and a wireless
connection to my Windows XP Home laptop.

I have been advised that the fact that my wireless network connection keeps
dropping may be because my wireless transmitter is adjacent to the base unit
of my wireless telephone system Freeelance XD500.

It was suggested that I try changing the wireless "channel"; I have
successfully altered the channel using the Linksys control utility but can
find no option in Windows XP home to alter the channel on the remote laptop.
It connects ok when the default channel (11) is used but does not see the
wireless network at all when any other channel is selected.

Does anyone have any advice please? Perhpas how to alter the channel within
Windows XP Home?

Stuart.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

you might want to move them physically apart a bit also... but the setting
for channel is on the laptop's wireless adapter driver properties, advanced
tab, in the list of properties mine is called IBSS Channel Number.

"Stuart B" <SHB> wrote in message
> My wireless network keeps being lost by my remote laptop.
>
> I have a Linksys Wireless-G ADSL Gateway WAG54G router as my internet
> connection, an ethernet connection to a main machine and a wireless
> connection to my Windows XP Home laptop.
>
> I have been advised that the fact that my wireless network connection
keeps
> dropping may be because my wireless transmitter is adjacent to the base
unit
> of my wireless telephone system Freeelance XD500.
>
> It was suggested that I try changing the wireless "channel"; I have
> successfully altered the channel using the Linksys control utility but can
> find no option in Windows XP home to alter the channel on the remote
laptop.
> It connects ok when the default channel (11) is used but does not see the
> wireless network at all when any other channel is selected.
>
> Does anyone have any advice please? Perhpas how to alter the channel
within
> Windows XP Home?
>
> Stuart.

If you are using XP to manage your wireless connection you only have to
change the channel on the AP, reboot the AP to make sure that your machine
pick up the new channel. If you use a utility from Linksys to manager your
wireless connection, you need to check where to change the channel using
Linksys. Have you also tried to disconnect your phone? Do you have
uninterrupted wirless connection after that?

Yi Chen