epson styluscolor 880 in rete con windows 7

dmaiorino

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
Hello,
I install correctly epson styluscolor880 by usb, but I can't install the same printer by network: how can i do?

Solution

You are correct. Now you can only do a print preview in the application you are using (like Microsoft Word). Sorry if I confused you.

Good luck!

dmaiorino

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
the second you said. (I apologize for misunderstanding and for my bad english)
Now I've installed it typing net use LPT1 //server........ in prompt dos and selecting Windows Update in "Add printer" to found drivers, after I've installed it as USB printer.

Before it, in combobox there wasn't styluscolor880.
Now it seems to work correctly.

But in XP I can flag (in box Properties) "Print Preview" so whenever I launch a print I see a window of preview and then I can decide if print or not. I think it was a feature of sw Epson Status Monitor.
Now in Windows 7 32-bit in the "properties" there isn't flag "print preview".

Can you help me?

Thanks so much

COLGeek

Cybernaut
You can still "Print Preview" in the applications themselves (like Word or PowerPoint). You do that in the application.

In Windows 7, go to Devices and Printers, then right click on your printer. From there, you select Printer Properties. It is in Printer Properties that you set up your shares.

Also Printer Properties will let you configure the printer like under XP.

There is a Properties selection as well, but it different. See if this helps you more.

Good luck!

dmaiorino

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
sorry, I don't understand correctly "There is a Properties selection as well, but it different. See if this helps you more."

In Xp printer properties I find "Print preview", IN Seven I don't

thanks

COLGeek

Cybernaut

You are correct. Now you can only do a print preview in the application you are using (like Microsoft Word). Sorry if I confused you.

Good luck!

Solution

dmaiorino

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011

thanks and good luck!

dmaiorino

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
WOW!!! It does function!!!!
I've found original cd with epson status monitor sw and I installed it on seven.
Removed all printers and net use
New Net use lpt1 with path of network printer
add printer local LPT1
select last new appeared StylusColor880 in combo box
And magically "print preview" appears in Printer Properties

After, select "send print directly to printer" and when I print i receive "Print preview" as was in XP!!

Thanks to all of you

Mimmo