Recommended software to author DVD from AVIs ?

I have various OEM programs which came with my burner (MyDVD, Nero lite and
Pinacle Studio), but none of these seems to do a decent job of transcoding
and burning DVDs from DivX files. Pinnacle will let me select as much
content as I want (a couple of hours), but takes forever. MyDVD does a much
better and quicker job, but will only allow me to select enough material (no
variable compression). The OEM version of Nero I have just gives me VIDEO_TS
and AUDIO_TS directories and expects VOB files and the like.

Given that these packages don't do what I want, what should I buy? The full
version of Nero? Something else?
2 answers Last reply
More about recommended software author avis

    Have a look at www.dvdrhelp.com for info but I think lots of programs will
    not do a good job going from a very lossy format to another very lossy
    format. Good luck.

    > Have a look at www.dvdrhelp.com for info but I think lots of programs will
    > not do a good job going from a very lossy format to another very lossy
    > format. Good luck.

    Thanks. That's a useful link.

    Adrian

Tuner Cards Graphics