Windows XP RD suddenly Windows 2000 RD?

Hi together.
I have a problem. Yesterday I was able to login without any problems on my
windows xp pro machine remotely. This morning, after I connected to the
machine, there was instead of the usual windows xp login screen, the windows
2000 server login screen (!!!).... on which i was not able to login.
The IP is correct, because I am still able to access the FTP on the same
machine.

Has anybody an idea, what this could be?

Thanks a lot
Tristan

Is the target machine behind a router?

Are the forwarding settings the same in that router for both FTP and RDP?

"Tristan Hauser" <ther1acer.at.gmx.net> wrote in message
> Hi together.
> I have a problem. Yesterday I was able to login without any problems on my
> windows xp pro machine remotely. This morning, after I connected to the
> machine, there was instead of the usual windows xp login screen, the
> windows 2000 server login screen (!!!).... on which i was not able to
> login.
> The IP is correct, because I am still able to access the FTP on the same
> machine.
>
> Has anybody an idea, what this could be?
>
> Thanks a lot
> Tristan

phew good question. I will check that. but since there were no changes in
network it shouldn't matter.

"Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Is the target machine behind a router?
>
> Are the forwarding settings the same in that router for both FTP and RDP?
>
> "Tristan Hauser" <ther1acer.at.gmx.net> wrote in message
>> Hi together.
>> I have a problem. Yesterday I was able to login without any problems on
>> my windows xp pro machine remotely. This morning, after I connected to
>> the machine, there was instead of the usual windows xp login screen, the
>> windows 2000 server login screen (!!!).... on which i was not able to
>> login.
>> The IP is correct, because I am still able to access the FTP on the same
>> machine.
>>
>> Has anybody an idea, what this could be?
>>
>> Thanks a lot
>> Tristan

"no changes" is a pretty broad statement. If forwarding was done by IP
address, and addresses are distributed by DHCP, addresses can change.

I don't have much information about your network--how large it is, and how
likely it might be that someone else made a change that you are unaware of.