jeff

Ok so I have a domain name I use thru a free service with
Dynu.com and i have prot forwarded 3389 thru my router to
my computer on my internal network. I have XP pro with
SP2 the firewall is turned off. I have bit defender
version 7.2 with antivirus and firewall the firewall will
allow access. what have I missed I mad to user accounts
for RD under system\remote so what now I get an error when
I use RD can not connect to other computer it may be busy
what does that mean. Also I try to log in from work when
I try this we do allow RD conncetions I do IPaddress then
port and then domain name and port does not work. Please
help

jeff wrote:
> Ok so I have a domain name I use thru a free service with
> Dynu.com and i have prot forwarded 3389 thru my router to
> my computer on my internal network. I have XP pro with
> SP2 the firewall is turned off. I have bit defender
> version 7.2 with antivirus and firewall the firewall will
> allow access. what have I missed I mad to user accounts
> for RD under system\remote so what now I get an error when
> I use RD can not connect to other computer it may be busy
> what does that mean. Also I try to log in from work when
> I try this we do allow RD conncetions I do IPaddress then
> port and then domain name and port does not work. Please
> help

Can you connect to this computer via Remote Desktop while on the LAN?

eddie

I am having the same problem. I used to be able to connect from within a LAN
but now it doesn't. I tried typing the IP address and port number of my
computer into the browser of the computer i want to control (its easier and
its just to test the connection) and it used to this computer is already
being controlled (since you are on it), but now it is saying its busy or
theres a network problem. Any ideas?