Remote connection error after reboot

I am recieveing the error:
The client could not connect to the remote computer.

Remote connections might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to
accept new connections. It is also possible that the network problems are
preventing your connection.

Please try connecting again later. If the problem continues to occur,
contact your administrator.

This is happening on a XP Prof laptop trying to connect to a XP Prof
desktop. After a reboot and the desktop is not logged into is when the
message happens.

If I log in to the desktop and then try it works fine. Can make this happen
when they are connected on the same hub of the network. Problem is if this
was to happen when I was connecting from home I would have to drive all the
way to the office to log in once. In addition other people are not having
this problem.

Thanks for any insights.

I am now receiving the same error. When my remote connection was first set
up I was able to connect remotely, but for the past week I'm getting this
error message. Nothing on either computer has been changed.

"Triatron" wrote:

> I am recieveing the error:
> The client could not connect to the remote computer.
>
> Remote connections might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to
> accept new connections. It is also possible that the network problems are
> preventing your connection.
>
> Please try connecting again later. If the problem continues to occur,
> contact your administrator.
>
> This is happening on a XP Prof laptop trying to connect to a XP Prof
> desktop. After a reboot and the desktop is not logged into is when the
> message happens.
>
> If I log in to the desktop and then try it works fine. Can make this happen
> when they are connected on the same hub of the network. Problem is if this
> was to happen when I was connecting from home I would have to drive all the
> way to the office to log in once. In addition other people are not having
> this problem.
>
> Thanks for any insights.

I found the answer to my own problem.

The connection speed was set to 56K when actually we were on LAN.

Changing it fixed the problem.

"Aspen7698" wrote:

> I am now receiving the same error. When my remote connection was first set
> up I was able to connect remotely, but for the past week I'm getting this
> error message. Nothing on either computer has been changed.
>
> "Triatron" wrote:
>
> > I am recieveing the error:
> > The client could not connect to the remote computer.
> >
> > Remote connections might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to
> > accept new connections. It is also possible that the network problems are
> > preventing your connection.
> >
> > Please try connecting again later. If the problem continues to occur,
> > contact your administrator.
> >
> > This is happening on a XP Prof laptop trying to connect to a XP Prof
> > desktop. After a reboot and the desktop is not logged into is when the
> > message happens.
> >
> > If I log in to the desktop and then try it works fine. Can make this happen
> > when they are connected on the same hub of the network. Problem is if this
> > was to happen when I was connecting from home I would have to drive all the
> > way to the office to log in once. In addition other people are not having
> > this problem.
> >
> > Thanks for any insights.

Wow...that's weird...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

>I am recieveing the error:
> The client could not connect to the remote computer.
>
> Remote connections might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy
> accept new connections. It is also possible that the network problems are
> preventing your connection.
>
> Please try connecting again later. If the problem continues to occur,
> contact your administrator.
>
> This is happening on a XP Prof laptop trying to connect to a XP Prof
> desktop. After a reboot and the desktop is not logged into is when the
> message happens.
>
> If I log in to the desktop and then try it works fine.

Try updating the video driver on the RDP server: i.e. the PC you are trying
to connect to, rather than the one you are connecting from.

--
Robin Walker
rdhw@cam.ac.uk