Rpg game hack n slash

Status
Not open for further replies.
im trying to get more into rpgs lately, and i like skyrim, but looking for more of a hack n slash style game, i like diablo2. and bought diablo3 and hated it.

anybody got a good hack n slash to recommand thanks

Solution
I loved two worlds 2 just for its graphics. I kinda felt awkward playing it for the first couple of hours but after that started to love it. As of witcher 2, I like it too. Although the key mapping for two worlds 2 is one of the best I've ever seen.

Also two worlds 2 has a vast navigable area, way larger area than that if skyrim

Other games include archania gothic, hunted, world of warcraft

Xttony

Distinguished
I loved two worlds 2 just for its graphics. I kinda felt awkward playing it for the first couple of hours but after that started to love it. As of witcher 2, I like it too. Although the key mapping for two worlds 2 is one of the best I've ever seen.

Also two worlds 2 has a vast navigable area, way larger area than that if skyrim

Other games include archania gothic, hunted, world of warcraft

Solution

waspzz

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
If you like Diablo 2 and Hate Diablo 3, then buy Torchlight 2..

It has the same gameplay elements as Diablo games like character classes, skills, looting, crafting, alchemy, boss fights, pets and the like. The only weak part for me is the story. The story is minimal to non-existent in this game but the overall gameplay and experience is very satisfying. It also has multiplyer function via LAN and internet.

Other notable hack and slash RPGs ala Diablo are:

Revenant
Titan Quest
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne
Dungeon Siege
Dungeon Siege 2

You can also check out the Classics like:

Planescape Torment
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn
Icewind Dale
Icewind Dale 2
Fallout
Fallout 2

Games like Skyrim:

Morrowind
Oblivion
Fallout 3
Fallout 3: New Vegas

A mix of nice gameplay and great story telling:

Dragon Age

RPG Hybrids:

Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
Deus Ex: Human Revolution

So There.. :D

Xttony

Distinguished

I dont think that fallout is hack and slash but it sure is one of the top games in my list.

waspzz

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010

Yep. Not a hack and slash game but a great RPG. Like Diablo with guns due to its isometric view.

Status
Not open for further replies.