Putting DVD video online

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 23, 2004 10:19:14 AM

I have a 1 hour long DVD video (my creation - not commercial) that I
want to put online for my students to view. I download Real Producer
Basic version, but I don't see how to get it to input the video from
the DVD. I download FlasKMPEG to convert it to an mpeq file, but it
would only convert 1 minutes and 40 seconds of it.

I want to do this with free or inexpensive software. Does anybody have
any suggestions as to how I can use the software I have or what other
software I can get?

Thank you.
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 10:28:19 AM

<actc5@juno.com> wrote ...
>I have a 1 hour long DVD video (my creation - not commercial) that I
> want to put online for my students to view. I download Real Producer
> Basic version, but I don't see how to get it to input the video from
> the DVD. I download FlasKMPEG to convert it to an mpeq file, but it
> would only convert 1 minutes and 40 seconds of it.
>
> I want to do this with free or inexpensive software. Does anybody
> have
> any suggestions as to how I can use the software I have or what other
> software I can get?

Why rip the DVD if you have access to the original video?
Adobe Premiere (for example) will export Real, Quicktime,
MPEG, and Windows Media compressed formats right from
the timeline.