VPN problem after SP2 installation

September 29, 2004 5:29:31 PM

I have employees who VPN into my Windows 2000 server.
This has worked flawlessly for the last couple of years.

We recently updated a laptop to SP2. When we make the VPN
connection now, we can successfully make the secure
connection, but we can no longer map the drive allowing
the information exchange to take place. This is not an
issue with any of the other computers we have updated to
SP2.

After messing with the computer for an hour or so, I
decided to take the opportunity to reinstall the
operating system and start fresh with the computer. After
reinstalling XP Pro, we immediately updated everything
using Windows update. Even after this, the problem exists.

Any ideas???
Anonymous
September 30, 2004 1:00:57 AM

Are you able to map these drives using the IP Address? Perhaps there
is an issue with the VPN configuration that is blocking the laptop
from getting the WINS or the local DNS server addresses...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:29:31 -0700, "Bruce Brown"

!