Motion flutter in Premiere Pro

I am importing DV from a Sony camera, which looks like it plays fine on the
camera. But when I capture the video in PP I can see a bit of flutter when
there is motion in the shot. The scene is a talking head-to-medium shot and
when the subject moves his hands or stands up there is a little bit of
flutter associated with the motion. Not much flutter, but enough for me to
notice. I've gone through and tried some different settings (and PP is the
only thing running on my PC) but I cannot get rid of the flutter. Can
someone point me in the right direction to solve this? Thanks.

--
tb
2 answers Last reply

    "TB Player" wrote ...
    >I am importing DV from a Sony camera, which looks like it plays fine on
    >the
    > camera. But when I capture the video in PP I can see a bit of flutter
    > when
    > there is motion in the shot. The scene is a talking head-to-medium
    > shot and
    > when the subject moves his hands or stands up there is a little bit of
    > flutter associated with the motion. Not much flutter, but enough for
    > me to
    > notice. I've gone through and tried some different settings (and PP is
    > the
    > only thing running on my PC) but I cannot get rid of the flutter. Can
    > someone point me in the right direction to solve this? Thanks.

    I would look at the field order (even/odd) in your capture process.
    If it is backwards, all motion will look "fluttery".

    On 23 Dec 2004, "Richard Crowley" <rcrowley7@xprt.net> posted to
    rec.video.desktop as follows:

    > "TB Player" wrote ...
    >>I am importing DV from a Sony camera, which looks like it plays fine on
    >>the
    >> camera. But when I capture the video in PP I can see a bit of flutter
    >> when
    >> there is motion in the shot. The scene is a talking head-to-medium
    >> shot and
    >> when the subject moves his hands or stands up there is a little bit of
    >> flutter associated with the motion. Not much flutter, but enough for
    >> me to
    >> notice. I've gone through and tried some different settings (and PP is
    >> the
    >> only thing running on my PC) but I cannot get rid of the flutter. Can
    >> someone point me in the right direction to solve this? Thanks.
    >
    > I would look at the field order (even/odd) in your capture process.
    > If it is backwards, all motion will look "fluttery".

    Thanks for the response.

    I didn't think the field order mattered for DV, but I checked it and it
    is set to Lower - and it is grayed-out so I can't change it.

    --
    Ruben

Tuner Cards Cameras Video Graphics