Question on work remotely

Client OS: XP Pro SP1
Server OS: Windows Server 2003

All my company's PC is using internal IP e.g(192.168.1.x)
i understand that these internal IPs cannot be directly access
from outside of company networks.

Question: how do i connect to my office PC from outside,
lets say home or cybercafe ?

Thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about question work remotely

    The 192.168.1.x is an internal address only. You must talk with you system
    admin. and find out what the external address is and have him open a passage
    way through the firewall (if they have a firewall).

    "Alfred" wrote:

    > Client OS: XP Pro SP1
    > Server OS: Windows Server 2003
    >
    > All my company's PC is using internal IP e.g(192.168.1.x)
    > i understand that these internal IPs cannot be directly access
    > from outside of company networks.
    >
    > Question: how do i connect to my office PC from outside,
    > lets say home or cybercafe ?
    >
    > Thanks!

    yes we have hardware firewall,
    and my big question is; have to connect to those PC which
    have an internal IPs ?? is there a way of mapping to these
    IP through some setting at server or firewall ?

    Thanks!

    > The 192.168.1.x is an internal address only. You must talk with you system
    > admin. and find out what the external address is and have him open a
    > passage
    > way through the firewall (if they have a firewall).
    >
    > "Alfred" wrote:
    >
    >> Client OS: XP Pro SP1
    >> Server OS: Windows Server 2003
    >>
    >> All my company's PC is using internal IP e.g(192.168.1.x)
    >> i understand that these internal IPs cannot be directly access
    >> from outside of company networks.
    >>
    >> Question: how do i connect to my office PC from outside,
    >> lets say home or cybercafe ?
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    You need to open TCP Port 3389 on the firewall. To access more than one XP Pro Remote Desktop behind
    a firewall look at this page for examples...

    http://members.cox.net/ajarvi/RemoteDesktop/Multiple_PC_RD.html

    ....or setup a VPN tunnel...

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Alfred" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > yes we have hardware firewall,
    > and my big question is; have to connect to those PC which
    > have an internal IPs ?? is there a way of mapping to these
    > IP through some setting at server or firewall ?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >

    > "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> The 192.168.1.x is an internal address only. You must talk with you system
    >> admin. and find out what the external address is and have him open a passage
    >> way through the firewall (if they have a firewall).
    >>
    >> "Alfred" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Client OS: XP Pro SP1
    >>> Server OS: Windows Server 2003
    >>>
    >>> All my company's PC is using internal IP e.g(192.168.1.x)
    >>> i understand that these internal IPs cannot be directly access
    >>> from outside of company networks.
    >>>
    >>> Question: how do i connect to my office PC from outside,
    >>> lets say home or cybercafe ?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks!

    If your company will let you, you can install a third-
    party client like those on dyndns.org that will create a
    mapping to your machine. This assumes that your firewall
    will let this connection through port 3389 (for Remote
    Desktop).

    for the mutual benefit of all of us...
    >The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    confers no rights...

    >"Alfred" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    >> yes we have hardware firewall,
    >> and my big question is; have to connect to those PC
    which
    >> have an internal IPs ?? is there a way of mapping to
    these
    >> IP through some setting at server or firewall ?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>

    >> "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    173A6375C80C@microsoft.com...
    >>> The 192.168.1.x is an internal address only. You must
    talk with you system
    >>> admin. and find out what the external address is and
    have him open a passage
    >>> way through the firewall (if they have a firewall).

    (192.168.1.x)
    directly access

    outside,

    >.