VPN and Remote Desktop Issues

Connecting to the office, Rideway firewall/VPN from home, D-Link Wireless
Router.This use to work great and we were able to use RDC. It then stopped
working for no reason. The FW/VPN at the office has ports opened for POP and
SMTP only. The Router at home has 3389 opened to a private IP address at the
office.

The problem is I don't know why this stopped working. Also, I am unsure as
to which ports to open on the FW/VPN. There is not a public IP address, just
a dynamic DNS name that is leased for this small office.

Can anyone give me guidance as to what is happening?

Can anyone
1 answer Last reply
More about remote desktop issues

    never mind. This problem corrected itself.

    "Azi" wrote:

    > Connecting to the office, Rideway firewall/VPN from home, D-Link Wireless
    > Router.This use to work great and we were able to use RDC. It then stopped
    > working for no reason. The FW/VPN at the office has ports opened for POP and
    > SMTP only. The Router at home has 3389 opened to a private IP address at the
    > office.
    >
    > The problem is I don't know why this stopped working. Also, I am unsure as
    > to which ports to open on the FW/VPN. There is not a public IP address, just
    > a dynamic DNS name that is leased for this small office.
    >
    > Can anyone give me guidance as to what is happening?
    >
    > Can anyone

Remote Desktop VPN Office Windows XP