Changing system shell to RDP client

September 30, 2004 6:03:04 PM

Several months ago I think I read an article about how to have Windows XP
boot straight into a terminal session instead of the typical logon
screen/explorer desktop by changing the system shell to the rdp client.

We are having problems with our remote sites wasting time and/or surfing
where they shouldn't be. We already utilize Win Terminal Server to host the
application that our remote site users need. I would like the winxp machines
in those sites to boot into the rdp client and connect directly to our wts
server.

I have been searching all afternoon, and cannot find a damn thing on how to
do this. Has anyone else heard of how to do this/know how to/can point me
in the right direction/etc....or do I need to lay off the pipe?

I posted this in the setup/admin forum yesterday...no-one seemed to know.
Hopefully this crowd is more helpful!

Thanks all
Anonymous
October 5, 2004 12:50:57 AM

You may want to post this to the terminal services specific
newsgroup.. They have more experience with this type of issue.
---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Windows Network Technology Community -