Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Sony Digital Video Camera Error Codes

Tags:
  • Tuner Cards
  • Cameras
  • Digital Video
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 24, 2004 2:56:36 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

I KNOW I am taking a big chance here in either getting a reply, or getting
closer to error code information on a Sony DCR-TRV350.

The camera is about 18 months old, up to now i have never had any problem
with it. Probably have recorded over 500 hours on it, maybe more. I was
preparing to tape my 8 year olds Christmas program, and I got this beeping.
and a bunch of info on the screen that I had never seen before. After
returning home, it seemed (according to the manual) the error code C:21:XX
AND the UP triangle with a bar underneath indicated that a "correctable"
error had occurred and that it was "condensation". That was over a week
ago. So, I followed the directions and removed the tape cartridge, and left
the "case" open for an hour.


Today, I thought, Hmm, I ought to give that camcorder a try and see if it is
working. Well, I used the tape that was IN it, and got an error code of
C:31:42 (possibly others, but I was a bit miffed about having a problem)
After trying to use a head cleaner, I had a C:31:40, and with a NEW tape,
C:31:22. Well, after removing the tape, and then the battery; reversing the
process to put a tape back INSIDE. I can record video as a video camera.
All SEEMS fine and good.

I captured some less than exciting scenes of our backyard and thought I was
home free. NOT. SOME of the recording I do is from VHS videotapes (using
the camera as an intermediary to get the vhs tape "movie" into my computer).
I attempted to set up the tape player to the TRV350 as I usually do, and
voila, NO image at all on the camer LCD screen. Well, this is a setback,
but at least I can still record video, but I can't use the camera as an
analog/digital converter to create digital output on my PC.

So, I apologize for being so long winded, but WHAT do the Error Codes
C:31:22, C:31:40 and C:31:42 mean to me.

I have this sinking feeling the vidcam is about to take a trip to an
electronics repair shop.

Thanks in advance for ANY help you might be able to provide me. I am
stumped as to why/how the VHS player to Camcorder connection is not showing
up on the LCD or the "eyepiece".

More about : sony digital video camera error codes

Anonymous
December 24, 2004 10:16:42 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Try here.

http://www.pechorin.com/m/2004/01/22/Error_Codes_Assist...



"NoName" <noname@nowhere.net> wrote in message
news:UWIyd.279681$HA.32208@attbi_s01...
>I KNOW I am taking a big chance here in either getting a reply, or getting
>closer to error code information on a Sony DCR-TRV350.
>
> The camera is about 18 months old, up to now i have never had any problem
> with it. Probably have recorded over 500 hours on it, maybe more. I was
> preparing to tape my 8 year olds Christmas program, and I got this
> beeping. and a bunch of info on the screen that I had never seen before.
> After returning home, it seemed (according to the manual) the error code
> C:21:XX AND the UP triangle with a bar underneath indicated that a
> "correctable" error had occurred and that it was "condensation". That was
> over a week ago. So, I followed the directions and removed the tape
> cartridge, and left the "case" open for an hour.
>
>
> Today, I thought, Hmm, I ought to give that camcorder a try and see if it
> is working. Well, I used the tape that was IN it, and got an error code
> of
> C:31:42 (possibly others, but I was a bit miffed about having a problem)
> After trying to use a head cleaner, I had a C:31:40, and with a NEW tape,
> C:31:22. Well, after removing the tape, and then the battery; reversing
> the process to put a tape back INSIDE. I can record video as a video
> camera. All SEEMS fine and good.
>
> I captured some less than exciting scenes of our backyard and thought I
> was home free. NOT. SOME of the recording I do is from VHS videotapes
> (using the camera as an intermediary to get the vhs tape "movie" into my
> computer). I attempted to set up the tape player to the TRV350 as I
> usually do, and voila, NO image at all on the camer LCD screen. Well,
> this is a setback, but at least I can still record video, but I can't use
> the camera as an analog/digital converter to create digital output on my
> PC.
>
> So, I apologize for being so long winded, but WHAT do the Error Codes
> C:31:22, C:31:40 and C:31:42 mean to me.
>
> I have this sinking feeling the vidcam is about to take a trip to an
> electronics repair shop.
>
> Thanks in advance for ANY help you might be able to provide me. I am
> stumped as to why/how the VHS player to Camcorder connection is not
> showing up on the LCD or the "eyepiece".
>
December 27, 2004 7:39:38 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Thanks for the info. I did email the person at the url, and they replied
with status that they were only familiar with JVC products/vidcams.
So I am still interested in any help on Sony video cameras, especially the
DCR-TRV350 - a digital 8 analog/digital converting vidcam.

Anyone out there with any Sony Video Camera error code knowledge??



"Pete D" <no@email.com> wrote in message
news:unPyd.86857$K7.42623@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Try here.
>
> http://www.pechorin.com/m/2004/01/22/Error_Codes_Assist...
>
>
>
> "NoName" <noname@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> news:UWIyd.279681$HA.32208@attbi_s01...
>>I KNOW I am taking a big chance here in either getting a reply, or getting
>>closer to error code information on a Sony DCR-TRV350.
>>
>> The camera is about 18 months old, up to now i have never had any problem
>> with it. Probably have recorded over 500 hours on it, maybe more. I was
>> preparing to tape my 8 year olds Christmas program, and I got this
>> beeping. and a bunch of info on the screen that I had never seen before.
>> After returning home, it seemed (according to the manual) the error code
>> C:21:XX AND the UP triangle with a bar underneath indicated that a
>> "correctable" error had occurred and that it was "condensation". That
>> was over a week ago. So, I followed the directions and removed the tape
>> cartridge, and left the "case" open for an hour.
>>
>>
>> Today, I thought, Hmm, I ought to give that camcorder a try and see if it
>> is working. Well, I used the tape that was IN it, and got an error code
>> of
>> C:31:42 (possibly others, but I was a bit miffed about having a problem)
>> After trying to use a head cleaner, I had a C:31:40, and with a NEW tape,
>> C:31:22. Well, after removing the tape, and then the battery; reversing
>> the process to put a tape back INSIDE. I can record video as a video
>> camera. All SEEMS fine and good.
>>
>> I captured some less than exciting scenes of our backyard and thought I
>> was home free. NOT. SOME of the recording I do is from VHS videotapes
>> (using the camera as an intermediary to get the vhs tape "movie" into my
>> computer). I attempted to set up the tape player to the TRV350 as I
>> usually do, and voila, NO image at all on the camer LCD screen. Well,
>> this is a setback, but at least I can still record video, but I can't use
>> the camera as an analog/digital converter to create digital output on my
>> PC.
>>
>> So, I apologize for being so long winded, but WHAT do the Error Codes
>> C:31:22, C:31:40 and C:31:42 mean to me.
>>
>> I have this sinking feeling the vidcam is about to take a trip to an
>> electronics repair shop.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for ANY help you might be able to provide me. I am
>> stumped as to why/how the VHS player to Camcorder connection is not
>> showing up on the LCD or the "eyepiece".
>>
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 11:27:37 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

>error code information on a Sony DCR-TRV350.
>
> WHAT do the Error Codes
>C:31:22, C:31:40 and C:31:42 mean to me.

I purchased a Sony DCR-TRV460 a few days ago. Like yours, it is a
Digital8 camera so there's a chance that the error codes in my user's
manual might apply to yours. The last two digits of the error codes
are not specified.

C:04:xx
A battery pack that is not an "InfoLITHIUM" battery pack is being
used. Use an "InfoLITHIUM" battery pack. (p. 118)

C:21:xx
Moisture condensation has occurred. Remove the cassette and leave your
camcorder for at least an hour, then re-insert the cassette. (p. 121)

C:22:xx
Clean the head using a cleaning cassette (optional) (p. 121)

C:31:xx/C:32:xx
1.) Symptoms that are not described above have occurred. Remove and
insert the cassette, then operate your camcorder again. Do not perform
this procedure if moisture starts to condense. (p. 121)

2.) Remove the power source. Reconnect it again and operate your
camcorder again.

3.) Change the tape.

4.) Press the Reset button and operate your camcorder again. (p. 126)

E:61:xx/E:62:xx
Contact your Sony dealer or local authorized Sony service facility.
Inform them of the 5-digit code, which starts from "E."
January 2, 2012 10:49:11 PM

according to the Sony employee today it has to do with the head(s) of the camera. He said the head might need cleaned or adjusted




noname said:
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

I KNOW I am taking a big chance here in either getting a reply, or getting
closer to error code information on a Sony DCR-TRV350.

The camera is about 18 months old, up to now i have never had any problem
with it. Probably have recorded over 500 hours on it, maybe more. I was
preparing to tape my 8 year olds Christmas program, and I got this beeping.
and a bunch of info on the screen that I had never seen before. After
returning home, it seemed (according to the manual) the error code C:21:XX
AND the UP triangle with a bar underneath indicated that a "correctable"
error had occurred and that it was "condensation". That was over a week
ago. So, I followed the directions and removed the tape cartridge, and left
the "case" open for an hour.


Today, I thought, Hmm, I ought to give that camcorder a try and see if it is
working. Well, I used the tape that was IN it, and got an error code of
C:31:42 (possibly others, but I was a bit miffed about having a problem)
After trying to use a head cleaner, I had a C:31:40, and with a NEW tape,
C:31:22. Well, after removing the tape, and then the battery; reversing the
process to put a tape back INSIDE. I can record video as a video camera.
All SEEMS fine and good.

I captured some less than exciting scenes of our backyard and thought I was
home free. NOT. SOME of the recording I do is from VHS videotapes (using
the camera as an intermediary to get the vhs tape "movie" into my computer).
I attempted to set up the tape player to the TRV350 as I usually do, and
voila, NO image at all on the camer LCD screen. Well, this is a setback,
but at least I can still record video, but I can't use the camera as an
analog/digital converter to create digital output on my PC.

So, I apologize for being so long winded, but WHAT do the Error Codes
C:31:22, C:31:40 and C:31:42 mean to me.

I have this sinking feeling the vidcam is about to take a trip to an
electronics repair shop.

Thanks in advance for ANY help you might be able to provide me. I am
stumped as to why/how the VHS player to Camcorder connection is not showing
up on the LCD or the "eyepiece".

!