mpeg2 and fcp

hi

I have a mpeg2 file that I am trying to get into final cut pro 4.5 to do
some editing

now the issue is its got an AC3 sound track, which fcp will not read

first thing tried is to demux then import that way, which has worked in
the past for this sort of thing, but no, in this case the audio file was
not recognised

the real strange thing is that quicktime pro will read and play the
original mpeg2 file without any issues

any suggestions on how I can get this thing into fcp

---
Web: www.sol4.net
Jabber: TheMartian@jabber.org.au
Block List: sol4.net/spam_blocks.shtml