AVI/MPEG-2 Size Error???

Hi and hope you can help me, again...

I have an AVI in DivX5.0, file size 900K, that I want to convert to
MPEG-2. The AVI plays fine in WMP10. However, when importing to
Vegas, it tells me that I have 500K frames and vid is @4 hours. When
converting in TMPEGenc, I got an 8GIG MPEG-2 file, consisting of the
movie in the first half, followed by blank frames for the remainder.
What's going on??

Oh, can anyone tell me why my Vegas 5.0 chokes when trying to load a
DivX file? I have DivX and VidX codecs (I think)...

Thanks!
Dok

harleydok wrote:
> Hi and hope you can help me, again...
>
> I have an AVI in DivX5.0, file size 900K, that I want to convert to
Oops, original file size is 900Meg, not 900K.

Merry Christmas!

Dok