Quicktime Fast Start / Progressive Streaming

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

For the life of me, I cannot get my 40 minute screen recording video to
fast start.

I've done this oodles of times in the past, but this movie just won't
@$%^^& work.

I processed the movie with Cleaner 6.0.1, Quicktime/Flatten/Cross
Platform/Fast Start, but that didn't do squat... I still have to
download the entire movie before it will play.

what the #$%^ have I done wrong?

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In article <bob-E659B2.09072324122004@shawnews.gv.shawcable.net>,
Bob <bob@nowhere.com> wrote:

> For the life of me, I cannot get my 40 minute screen recording video to
> fast start.
>
> I've done this oodles of times in the past, but this movie just won't
> @$%^^& work.
>
> I processed the movie with Cleaner 6.0.1, Quicktime/Flatten/Cross
> Platform/Fast Start, but that didn't do squat... I still have to
> download the entire movie before it will play.
>
> what the #$%^ have I done wrong?

by the by, I processed the video (24 fps source... I know, overkill)
down to 12 fps with Sorenson 3.1 Pro, Use B-Frames/Playback
Scalability/Auto Key Frames 50/Min Quality 0, Frame Dropping and Image
Smoothing On. (although, in the main Sorenson screen shows Keyframes at
None/Natural, I'm going to assume that the codec knows which keyframes
setting it needs to use... none or 50.)

the source movie (editted and compiled with iMovie) was a hideous 46.5GB
(ackkk!), that compressed down to 48MB with Sorenson Pro... I am in awe
of that codec.

now, if I could only make this thing quickstart! (this is my christmas
present to my boss, I wanted to have it done before the big day.)

thanks for bearing my rant, merry christmas all.

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

no one here knows the answer? hm, I'd thought I'd find an expert here.