jeff

I have two machines at home a Win2k server and Winxp pro.
I want to be able to access both machines with RD can I do
this what do I have to do with the router do I jsut
forward the 3389 port to the Win2k server becasue I
already have it forwarding to my XP machine. Please help
thank you

See if this helps:
http://members.cox.net/ajarvi/RemoteDesktop/Multiple_PC_RD.html

Jeff wrote:
> I have two machines at home a Win2k server and Winxp pro.
> I want to be able to access both machines with RD can I do
> this what do I have to do with the router do I jsut
> forward the 3389 port to the Win2k server becasue I
> already have it forwarding to my XP machine. Please help
> thank you

Hi,

You might also try my gtOrenoPC:

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA027031/gtOrenoPC/index_en.html

With it, you can connect to RDs on multiple PCs with DHCP-assigned IP
addresses.

"Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<2fc101c4a7d8$0199aec0$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
> I have two machines at home a Win2k server and Winxp pro.
> I want to be able to access both machines with RD can I do
> this what do I have to do with the router do I jsut
> forward the 3389 port to the Win2k server becasue I
> already have it forwarding to my XP machine. Please help
> thank you

jeff

Hello I do not use DHCP with My network. I have Linksys
router and I have port forwarding on the router enabled
with my 3 machines. I have Win xp pro with XP sp2 desktop
another desktop with Win2k server and a laptop with Win XP
home edition with SP2 on it. I forwarded the ports for
all three machines and I tried to access them locally and
no go I can not access the 2k server nor the laptop. I
can access my main machine. How do you install RD on the
2k server I did from the XP cd I have and it screwed up my
system and also on the Home edition on my laptop. Any help
will do thanks.

TRENDING THREADS