Remote Desktop without monitor

I have a system that I connect to with remote desktop. It is a server with
windows server 2003. I don't have a monitor connected to this system. I have
another system from which I connect to the server. When I reboot the server.
I can't automatically login from the other system. I have to connect a
monitor to it and then login in. Is there a way that I can login to the
server without ever having to connect a monitor to it?

Thanks
-Matt Herzberger
2 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop monitor

    Try running "mstsc /console" to get a console session?

    --
    Don't have the need for a full time IT staff, Contact Sean.
    For all of your IT needs SCD@ourfamilyzoo.net.

    mherzber wrote:
    > I have a system that I connect to with remote desktop. It is a server
    > with windows server 2003. I don't have a monitor connected to this
    > system. I have another system from which I connect to the server.
    > When I reboot the server. I can't automatically login from the other
    > system.

    You should be able to, once the server is fully booted. What error do you
    get on the client? Can you connect to shares on this server, even without RD
    access?

    > I have to connect a monitor to it and then login in. Is there
    > a way that I can login to the server without ever having to connect a
    > monitor to it?

    Once you get the server running with the monitor attached, what do you see
    in the event logs?

    > Thanks
    > -Matt Herzberger

Remote Desktop Login Servers Connection Monitors Windows XP