Remote Desktop without monitor

I have a system that I connect to with remote desktop. It is a server with
windows server 2003. I don't have a monitor connected to this system. I have
another system from which I connect to the server. When I reboot the server.
I can't automatically login from the other system. I have to connect a
monitor to it and then login in. Is there a way that I can login to the
server without ever having to connect a monitor to it?

Thanks
-Matt Herzberger

Sean

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Try running "mstsc /console" to get a console session?

--
Don't have the need for a full time IT staff, Contact Sean.
For all of your IT needs SCD@ourfamilyzoo.net.

mherzber wrote:
> I have a system that I connect to with remote desktop. It is a server
> with windows server 2003. I don't have a monitor connected to this
> system. I have another system from which I connect to the server.
> When I reboot the server. I can't automatically login from the other
> system.

You should be able to, once the server is fully booted. What error do you
get on the client? Can you connect to shares on this server, even without RD
access?

> I have to connect a monitor to it and then login in. Is there
> a way that I can login to the server without ever having to connect a
> monitor to it?

Once you get the server running with the monitor attached, what do you see
in the event logs?