Looking For Simple Video Editing Software

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 25, 2004 12:07:23 PM

Hi

I have a TV capture card that allows me to record to my hard drive. I would
like to burn some of the stuff on to DVD, but first I was looking for a very
simple (preferabley free) piece of software that can help remove the
commercials. Any recommendations would be appreciated

Dave
Anonymous
December 25, 2004 7:42:32 PM

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 09:07:23 -0500, "Dave Kingston"
<dave-kingston@rogers.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have a TV capture card that allows me to record to my hard drive. I would
>like to burn some of the stuff on to DVD, but first I was looking for a very
>simple (preferabley free) piece of software that can help remove the
>commercials. Any recommendations would be appreciated

If you're using WindowsXP you can use the built-in program called:
Moviemaker.

However much depends on what format you're capturing in: dv-avi is the
most editable (supported by the most programs), mpeg-1and mpeg-2 are
more difficult but: www.pegasys-inc.com provides a free version of:
TMPGEnc for mpeg-1and a trial for a number of days for mpeg-2. It is
an encoder, but has some functionality in editing.

Capturing in another format (mjpeg etc.) may provide possibilities
for: VirtualDub to edit. Good luck.
!