Looking For Simple Video Editing Software

Hi

I have a TV capture card that allows me to record to my hard drive. I would
like to burn some of the stuff on to DVD, but first I was looking for a very
simple (preferabley free) piece of software that can help remove the
commercials. Any recommendations would be appreciated

Dave
1 answer Last reply
More about looking simple video editing software

    On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 09:07:23 -0500, "Dave Kingston"
    <dave-kingston@rogers.com> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I have a TV capture card that allows me to record to my hard drive. I would
    >like to burn some of the stuff on to DVD, but first I was looking for a very
    >simple (preferabley free) piece of software that can help remove the
    >commercials. Any recommendations would be appreciated

    If you're using WindowsXP you can use the built-in program called:
    Moviemaker.

    However much depends on what format you're capturing in: dv-avi is the
    most editable (supported by the most programs), mpeg-1and mpeg-2 are
    more difficult but: www.pegasys-inc.com provides a free version of:
    TMPGEnc for mpeg-1and a trial for a number of days for mpeg-2. It is
    an encoder, but has some functionality in editing.

    Capturing in another format (mjpeg etc.) may provide possibilities
    for: VirtualDub to edit. Good luck.

Tuner Cards Video Editing Software Graphics