What product did they use to make this?

I promise, i am not advertising. Look here:

http://www.essenceoflifevideo.com/memorial/index.html

go to the demo on the left. It says it is in Flash, but I didn't know
what they might have originally made the movie in. I am capturing a
lot of video and stills right now and would like to be able to have
these effects, without having to pay $199 for 40 pictures. Thank you
for any help.

<john_20_28_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I promise, i am not advertising. Look here:
>
> http://www.essenceoflifevideo.com/memorial/index.html
>
> go to the demo on the left. It says it is in Flash, but I didn't know
> what they might have originally made the movie in. I am capturing a
> lot of video and stills right now and would like to be able to have
> these effects, without having to pay $199 for 40 pictures. Thank you
> for any help.

It looks like many of the features of the Movie Edit Pro
are in the Video Deluxe 2.0 Plus. If you froogle on "Magix
Video Deluxe 2.0 Plus" you can find it for less that $15 US.
(I have seen it for $9.95) You could try that out and if you
like it, but want the new features, you could use an upgrade
discount. It might be that the 2.0 plus has all the features
you need.

It has 32 tracks available to add effects, text, audio and/or
video. You can use Chroma, Green or Blue scene/box to
overlay the video tracks. Check out the demo project that
comes with it.

Luck;
Ken

john_20_28_2000@yahoo.com wrote:

> I promise, i am not advertising. Look here:
>
> http://www.essenceoflifevideo.com/memorial/index.html
>
> go to the demo on the left. It says it is in Flash, but I didn't know
> what they might have originally made the movie in. I am capturing a
> lot of video and stills right now and would like to be able to have
> these effects, without having to pay $199 for 40 pictures. Thank you
> for any help.

From the looks of it, it can be done in any of the "major" NLE programs
(ie: Liquid Edition, Premiere Pro, Vegas, etc..). Motion background with
framed stills moving in 3d axis.
The question is, are you willing to learn how to do this in these
programs, which are more costly than the price of what they are
offering. And don't forget the learning curve.
They did a nice job in producing a moving montage and offer the
streaming video online to others.
Sometimes, it is better to not reinvent the wheel.

Look at this site. I have their 3D-Album which I bought a couple of
years ago. It is easy to use and there is some limited customization.
You would have to email them to see if they have something that you
would like. You can burn to DVD's or .avi's.
http://www.3d-album.com/

Not sure exactly what they used, but I created something
similar a couple of months ago as a memorial to my mom
with ProShow Gold from photodex ( http://www.photodex.com )
and was happy with the result - it will burn directly to a
DVD if you have a burner or make an .exe file that works
well on your pc. Some of the effects they used there
are not in ProShow, but you can do it with most video
editors - you put the photos or video clips in a 2d or
3d "frame" and overlay that on whatever you choose for
the background image or video. I'm sure I could do it with
Ulead's Media Studio Pro and I would expect you could
create the same effect in Sony Movie Factory (Vegas),
Vegas (the full version) or Premiere in some way shape or
form. Check out ProShow though -- fairly inexpensive and
does a good job. Once you make the DVD, you can make
as many copies as you want. The first thing you need to
learn when making any sort of video like that (especially
a memorial) is; the object of the video is to present your
project in a manner that works for the people watching;
many first timers seem to think the object is to see if they
can use all of the available transitions and special effects
in the program in one video -- drives the viewers nuts !!!
Pick several that work for what you are doing and stick
with them.

mikey

<john_20_28_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I promise, i am not advertising. Look here:
>
> http://www.essenceoflifevideo.com/memorial/index.html
>
> go to the demo on the left. It says it is in Flash, but I didn't know
> what they might have originally made the movie in. I am capturing a
> lot of video and stills right now and would like to be able to have
> these effects, without having to pay $199 for 40 pictures. Thank you
> for any help.

> I promise, i am not advertising. Look here:
>
> http://www.essenceoflifevideo.com/memorial/index.html
>
> go to the demo on the left. It says it is in Flash, but I didn't know
> what they might have originally made the movie in. I am capturing a
> lot of video and stills right now and would like to be able to have
> these effects, without having to pay $199 for 40 pictures. Thank you
> for any help.

It's only the streaming video sample that's in Flash. The video itself is
probably made in something like After Effects.

Thanks (to all). I looked at all the programs mentioned and the
photodex looks the closest and the easiest. Haven't tried the demo
yet. I was interested in the Magix product, but they didn't have any
demo of a finished work. Photodex did.

Mike F wrote:
> Not sure exactly what they used, but I created something
> similar a couple of months ago as a memorial to my mom
> with ProShow Gold from photodex ( http://www.photodex.com )
> and was happy with the result - it will burn directly to a
> DVD if you have a burner or make an .exe file that works
> well on your pc. Some of the effects they used there
> are not in ProShow, but you can do it with most video
> editors - you put the photos or video clips in a 2d or
> 3d "frame" and overlay that on whatever you choose for
> the background image or video. I'm sure I could do it with
> Ulead's Media Studio Pro and I would expect you could
> create the same effect in Sony Movie Factory (Vegas),
> Vegas (the full version) or Premiere in some way shape or
> form. Check out ProShow though -- fairly inexpensive and
> does a good job. Once you make the DVD, you can make
> as many copies as you want. The first thing you need to
> learn when making any sort of video like that (especially
> a memorial) is; the object of the video is to present your
> project in a manner that works for the people watching;
> many first timers seem to think the object is to see if they
> can use all of the available transitions and special effects
> in the program in one video -- drives the viewers nuts !!!
> Pick several that work for what you are doing and stick
> with them.
>
> mikey
>
> <john_20_28_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I promise, i am not advertising. Look here:
> >
> > http://www.essenceoflifevideo.com/memorial/index.html
> >
> > go to the demo on the left. It says it is in Flash, but I didn't
know
> > what they might have originally made the movie in. I am capturing
> > lot of video and stills right now and would like to be able to have
> > these effects, without having to pay $199 for 40 pictures. Thank
you
> > for any help.

No wonder they charge $199. Avid Xpress Pro, costs $1,695.00! Well
worth it, I'm sure, but too much for me.

Another thing I noticed was the multiple pictures on one slide. Can't
do that in photodex that I have been able to find. Maybe the high
dollar ones are the only answer.

Well I can't guarantee this is what they used, but I could replicate that
exactly with Avid Xpress Pro. Looks like a few Jump Backs back grounds and
then 3D PIP w/frame effect. That gives you that cool rotation of the image
(via key frames). What they didn't do, which would have been a nice touch,
is add a soft shadow to the frame as it floats around.

Music sounds like it could be from Sonic Fire Pro, which now ships with
Avid.

<john_20_28_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I promise, i am not advertising. Look here:
>
> http://www.essenceoflifevideo.com/memorial/index.html
>
> go to the demo on the left. It says it is in Flash, but I didn't know
> what they might have originally made the movie in. I am capturing a
> lot of video and stills right now and would like to be able to have
> these effects, without having to pay $199 for 40 pictures. Thank you
> for any help.

See the notice in the rec.photo.digital newsgroup today
about several people having problems with the latest
version of photodex ProShow Gold. They have had
a problem with build 1592 (apparently just came out)
They said they have not had a problem with the 1591
build version (which is what I have). I'm sure they
will fix it ASAP, but I think I'll give it a few to see since
I have got my Christmas projects done now !!! Yeah!!

mikey

> Another thing I noticed was the multiple pictures on one slide. Can't
> do that in photodex that I have been able to find. Maybe the high
> dollar ones are the only answer.

Ooops -- my bad -- it was over in the alt.video.dvdr
group this was being discussed. The orig. post was

"Mike F" <spam_me_not_mr.gadget2@comcast.net> wrote in message
> See the notice in the rec.photo.digital newsgroup today
> about several people having problems with the latest
> version of photodex ProShow Gold. They have had
> a problem with build 1592 (apparently just came out)
> They said they have not had a problem with the 1591
> build version (which is what I have). I'm sure they
> will fix it ASAP, but I think I'll give it a few to see since
> I have got my Christmas projects done now !!! Yeah!!
>
> mikey
>
> <john_20_28_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Another thing I noticed was the multiple pictures on one slide. Can't
> > do that in photodex that I have been able to find. Maybe the high
> > dollar ones are the only answer.

Maybe it is custom software. Ulead Multimedia pro is nice, but haven't
been able to duplicate yet (with the trial anyway). Thanks again. I
haven't made my decision yet.

john_20_28_2000@yahoo.com writes:

> I promise, i am not advertising. Look here:
>
> http://www.essenceoflifevideo.com/memorial/index.html
>
> go to the demo on the left. It says it is in Flash, but I didn't know
> what they might have originally made the movie in. I am capturing a
> lot of video and stills right now and would like to be able to have
> these effects, without having to pay $199 for 40 pictures. Thank you
> for any help.

Canopus makes a tool called Imaginate that can do cool stuff with
stills. Not sure it can duplicate all of that but the picture
panning, rotations and much more are what it is designed to do.

3D-Album has a couple of similar styles for that effect, like
Dispatch#5 and #6. Here is their demo page:

http://www.3d-album.com/demo.html

Also check the website:

http://www.3dtime.com

and see is there is any template you can use.

TonyP wrote:
> john_20_28_2000@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > I promise, i am not advertising. Look here:
> >
> > http://www.essenceoflifevideo.com/memorial/index.html
> >
> > go to the demo on the left. It says it is in Flash, but I didn't
know
> > what they might have originally made the movie in. I am capturing
> > lot of video and stills right now and would like to be able to have
> > these effects, without having to pay $199 for 40 pictures. Thank
you
> > for any help.
>
> From the looks of it, it can be done in any of the "major" NLE
programs
> (ie: Liquid Edition, Premiere Pro, Vegas, etc..). Motion background
with
> framed stills moving in 3d axis.
> The question is, are you willing to learn how to do this in these
> programs, which are more costly than the price of what they are
> offering. And don't forget the learning curve.
> They did a nice job in producing a moving montage and offer the
> streaming video online to others.
> Sometimes, it is better to not reinvent the wheel.
>
> Look at this site. I have their 3D-Album which I bought a couple of
> years ago. It is easy to use and there is some limited customization.

> You would have to email them to see if they have something that you
> would like. You can burn to DVD's or .avi's.
> http://www.3d-album.com/

TRENDING THREADS