cannot open file from webfolder. need to download first

Help please ..............

When i try to open a file stored in a web folder it will not open. need to
download first to my machine then run. and all is well. however this extra
step is cumbersome and confusing for some users.

Is there some os (xp sp2) or firewall (norton internet security 2004 )
setting that needs to be turned off?

Thanks in advance

Rich
2 answers Last reply
More about cannot open file webfolder download first

    i have already tried to add the site to the "trusted" list and disabled
    firewall and norton internet security and am ahving the same problem

    "Rich nardone" wrote:

    > Help please ..............
    >
    > When i try to open a file stored in a web folder it will not open. need to
    > download first to my machine then run. and all is well. however this extra
    > step is cumbersome and confusing for some users.
    >
    > Is there some os (xp sp2) or firewall (norton internet security 2004 )
    > setting that needs to be turned off?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Rich

    in any situation where you might load a file, the file needs to come to
    registers in an orderly fashion. this requires an establish files system.
    you might be able to mount a filesystem other than your special hd that
    windows is on. i never did get a ramfs temp on an xp. i tryed for a day.
    xp comes with a driver and all and ive seen it come up but it was a fleeting
    thing, would be quite an accoplishment.

Download Internet Security Microsoft Windows XP