Good DVD Ripper

I'm looking to dowload a DVD Ripper that will take a DVD of home movies
I have & let me convert them into mpeg on my HD so I can edit the mpeg.
When the movies play now, they are full screen. I don't want a ripper
that will reconfigure the screen size.

Any suggestions of a free or demo DVD Ripper out there? I'm only
looking to do about 4 DVDs in total.

Thanks
Mike
7 answers Last reply
More about good ripper

    Ive always used SmartRipper myself.

    On 25 Dec 2004 13:08:20 -0800, mwc0914@aol.com wrote:

    >I'm looking to dowload a DVD Ripper that will take a DVD of home movies
    >I have & let me convert them into mpeg on my HD so I can edit the mpeg.
    >When the movies play now, they are full screen. I don't want a ripper
    >that will reconfigure the screen size.
    >
    >Any suggestions of a free or demo DVD Ripper out there? I'm only
    >looking to do about 4 DVDs in total.
    >
    >Thanks
    > Mike

    You have a LOT of options. If you edit with Premiere (6 or later), just rename
    the *.vob to *.mpg and import them to the timeline.

    If you editor won't do that, then use VOB2AVI (Google for it). Also:
    VirtualDub+MP2 (not the original VirtualDub...it doesn't do mpeg2-related
    files). The '+MP2 mod does.

    >I'm looking to dowload a DVD Ripper that will take a DVD of home movies
    >I have & let me convert them into mpeg on my HD so I can edit the mpeg.
    >When the movies play now, they are full screen. I don't want a ripper
    >that will reconfigure the screen size.

    webpa

    On 25 Dec 2004 13:08:20 -0800, mwc0914@aol.com wrote:

    >I'm looking to dowload a DVD Ripper that will take a DVD of home movies
    >I have & let me convert them into mpeg on my HD so I can edit the mpeg.
    >When the movies play now, they are full screen. I don't want a ripper
    >that will reconfigure the screen size.

    Go to www.doom9.org and check out their download section. The
    site is a treasure trove of information and tools. I personally
    prefer DVD Decryptor.

    Neil Nadelman arvy@navzr-genafyngbe.pbz (ROT13)
    I have no fears in life,
    for I have already survived Theta-G!

    There are many similar products. As far as I am concerned, Xilisoft DVD
    Ripper is very ease to use. Google it for finding its official website
    and tutorial.

    mwc0914@aol.com wrote:
    > I'm looking to dowload a DVD Ripper that will take a DVD of home
    movies
    > I have & let me convert them into mpeg on my HD so I can edit the
    mpeg.
    > When the movies play now, they are full screen. I don't want a ripper
    > that will reconfigure the screen size.
    >
    > Any suggestions of a free or demo DVD Ripper out there? I'm only
    > looking to do about 4 DVDs in total.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Mike

    Compared with other similar products, xilisoft dvd ripper is easy to
    use.

    http://www.dvddecrypter.com/ and
    http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html together will get you whereever you want to
    be and they are absolutly free!!!! You can get info and tutorials on them both
    from http://www.doom9.org/
    KennJ

    Recently I used xilisoft dvd ripper, it is really good. It can rip dvd
    to avi, vcd, mpeg and divx easily. You can download it from
    http://www.topvideopro.com/dvd-ripper/dvd-to-avi.htm .

Tuner Cards DVD Ripping Graphics