cannot browse after VPN connection

After conecting to a VPN connection, I cannot browse the internet, get mail
ord loing to messenger. After dicounecting the VPN all works fine.

Check to see if your company has specific proxy settings. Those settings
would have to be set up for the VPN connection that you made

"Mike Pelstar" wrote:

> After conecting to a VPN connection, I cannot browse the internet, get mail
> ord loing to messenger. After dicounecting the VPN all works fine.

No proxy server is used. I use our local server for primary DNS, I added our
ISP's DNS as a seconday and still no luck. As I said befor If I enable the
VPN conection it disables my abbility to browse the internet, when I disable
all is fine.

"Mason737" wrote:

> Check to see if your company has specific proxy settings. Those settings
> would have to be set up for the VPN connection that you made
>
> "Mike Pelstar" wrote:
>
> > After conecting to a VPN connection, I cannot browse the internet, get mail
> > ord loing to messenger. After dicounecting the VPN all works fine.

See if this Cable Guy article helps...

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg1003.mspx

Note...Its a security risk to the private network you connect to via VPN when you uncheck the "Use
Default gateway on remote network" setting... It opens a big hole in their network because you have
dual access to both the public internet and the private network at the same time...

You might want to consult the network administrators about this issue...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Mike Pelstar" <Mike Pelstar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> No proxy server is used. I use our local server for primary DNS, I added our
> ISP's DNS as a seconday and still no luck. As I said befor If I enable the
> VPN conection it disables my abbility to browse the internet, when I disable
> all is fine.
>
> "Mason737" wrote:
>
>> Check to see if your company has specific proxy settings. Those settings
>> would have to be set up for the VPN connection that you made
>>
>> "Mike Pelstar" wrote:
>>
>> > After conecting to a VPN connection, I cannot browse the internet, get mail
>> > ord loing to messenger. After dicounecting the VPN all works fine.

The problem seems to effect computers allready logged onto a local domain.
When I tested the below action on a home system, it worked, thanks. When I
tested from a work computer logged onto a domain it did not, in fact it
caused major confution untill checked again.

"Sooner Al" wrote:

> See if this Cable Guy article helps...
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg1003.mspx
>
> Note...Its a security risk to the private network you connect to via VPN when you uncheck the "Use
> Default gateway on remote network" setting... It opens a big hole in their network because you have
> dual access to both the public internet and the private network at the same time...
>
> You might want to consult the network administrators about this issue...
>
> --
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> "Mike Pelstar" <Mike Pelstar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > No proxy server is used. I use our local server for primary DNS, I added our
> > ISP's DNS as a seconday and still no luck. As I said befor If I enable the
> > VPN conection it disables my abbility to browse the internet, when I disable
> > all is fine.
> >
> > "Mason737" wrote:
> >
> >> Check to see if your company has specific proxy settings. Those settings
> >> would have to be set up for the VPN connection that you made

parker

Mike,

I had this exact problem goto network connections right click goto
properties goto the advanced tab and uncheck the box "Allow other network
users to connect through computers internet connection". This took care of
my problem what happens is when you have this box checked it gets inserted
into IE as the primary internet connection. Hope this helps.