Horrid Win2K graphics

G

Is there a way to make the 3D games look better in Win2K? I don't use it because of that. The graphics are grainy.

G

I have the same results. The game runs fine, but don't your graphics look grainy instead of smooth?

G

The graphics drivers that are built into Win2k are basic, and the choice of included features is biased towards business needs, not gaming speed. See if your video card manufacturer has an update or a driver with more features enabled.

As an example, I have a Creative Labs "Graphics Blaster Riva TNT" card, which is an older TNT card. It installed OK in Win2k Pro SP1, but "Mobil 1 Rally Championship" would not run. I installed updated drivers from Creative Labs and now the game runs just fine.

JS

G

Tell me this though, Do the graphics look better in Win9x or in Win2K or can you not tell the difference. Your card uses the same basic drivers that mine does. I used the same release level in both OS's and the the Win2K graphics look considerably worse.

G

i have no quality issues under win2k when playing games. I run a Matrox G400 Max, both quake 3 and unreal tornement look excellent.

What video card are you using?

G

I'm using a Voodoo II, and the graphics are the same in Quake III, Half-Life, and UT under Win 95 as they are in Windows 2000.

G

I am using a Geforce DDR. It rules the planet under 98, but 2K is super grainy. I use the exact same settings in both operating systems. The same thing happens with my ATI Rage Pro.

G

My graphics quality is the same under Win9X and Win2k.

Check your driver version and BIOS rev. Your drivers should be at version "V4.00.1381.0627" and your BIOS should be at version "8.2".

You should be able to get the software you need at "http://www.leadtek.com.tw/Es338DL.htm"

G

I guess I am not explaining it clearly. The game runs, and the frame rate it great, the overall system performance I am happy with, but the actual textures look like there are a bunch of hexagons all over them. If you look close, you can see them, and it causes the picture quality to be poor. Let me know if you see that? In 9x all of the textures are smooth, without the tiny hexagons.

G

My drivers are current, but the Bios is from Hercules. So you do not see little hexagons all over the textures? I see it with my ATI and my GeForce, I am going to check my Voodoo3 2000 pci and see if the same thing happens. Thanks for all of your help.