Sign in with
Your question

Far Cry, how do I kill the Chopper at the end ?

Last response: in Video Games
April 12, 2004 12:16:09 PM

Man I keep dying, I'm on the freighter, shoot at the chopper with the rocket launcher and hit it several times and he still dosn't go down. Then the ship sinks (typical) and I have to come out in the open where he kills me...the bastard !

<font color=red>AMD 2700 XP<font color=red>
<font color=red>Gecube 9800 pro Extreme<font color=red>
<font color=blue>ASUS A7N8X deluxe<font color=blue>
<font color=blue>1024 meg Dual Channel DDR 3200<font color=blue>

More about : cry kill chopper end

April 12, 2004 4:40:21 PM

if you mean the demo, you cant kill the chopper. ive been able to outrun it with a boat but i still couldnt get to the back of the island. theres a mod out there that will erase the helicopter.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 64.246.52.144:27015
now featuring (optional) cheating death!
April 12, 2004 9:56:49 PM

If I remember correctly, all I did was snipe the gunner, he fell out and the chopper flew off. I then commenced with taking care of the other mercs on the freighter.

<font color=blue> "A man is not finished when he is defeated, he is finished when he quits" - President R.M. Nixon </font color=blue>
Related resources
April 12, 2004 10:44:27 PM

i shot the gunner once and the helicopter still shot me.

now featuring (optional) cheating death!
April 13, 2004 1:10:28 PM

are you talking the freighter new the beginning of the game or when you have to plant the explosives and the chopper comes from across the water at you while the freighter is sinking??

If the latter, I wasn't able to get past that spot without cheating :frown: but if you hit the chopper anough with the rocket launcher, it will go down.

Spec:
Intel P4 2.4B
MSI 645E Max-U Mobo
1GB DDR333
R9600XT 128MB
SB Live 5.1
WD 60GB
Maxtor 120GB
LG DVD+-R/RW
WIN2K PRO SP4
April 13, 2004 1:20:48 PM

Yea I'm talking about the freighter where you plant the explosives...I finnaly shot him down by hiding under some bushes near the mainland using guns only ( the rocket launcher attracted his attention and I died) thinking it was the end of the game...only to find, to my "dismay" another level and NO bullets. Typical, one should never assume anything in life, now I'm down to the start of the catacombs which looks interesting to say the least.

Gary

April 13, 2004 1:23:15 PM

Catacombs is a fun level. Once you enter the catacombs themelves, you'll use the thermal vision quite a bit.

I've beat the game, and am going to start over on a harder level, just for the hell of it. Its hard, but addictive, IMO.

Spec:
Intel P4 2.4B
MSI 645E Max-U Mobo
1GB DDR333
R9600XT 128MB
SB Live 5.1
WD 60GB
Maxtor 120GB
LG DVD+-R/RW
WIN2K PRO SP4
April 13, 2004 1:33:02 PM

How many more levels to go do you remeber ? I'm trying to finish it for my 8 year old son so he can play whatever level and save point he wants.

April 13, 2004 1:41:17 PM

I think catacombs is level 14 or 15 of 20.

Spec:
Intel P4 2.4B
MSI 645E Max-U Mobo
1GB DDR333
R9600XT 128MB
SB Live 5.1
WD 60GB
Maxtor 120GB
LG DVD+-R/RW
WIN2K PRO SP4
April 13, 2004 9:27:15 PM

oops :redface:
Sorry man, I thought you were on the first freighter.
I've not gotten as far as you have yet.

Great game btw.

<font color=blue> "A man is not finished when he is defeated, he is finished when he quits" - President R.M. Nixon </font color=blue>
April 14, 2004 7:29:18 AM

Quote:

How many more levels to go do you remeber ? I'm trying to finish it for my 8 year old son so he can play whatever level and save point he wants.

Do u think this is a game to be played by an 8 year old? I'm not trying to be a smart ass here, I have kids myself (somewhat younger) and I'm interested in what people think about this (kids playing computer games and what is responsible or not). I fully realize this is an individual choice that parents have to make for their kids. Also, what do u think about the age labeling they put on computer games?

Btw, I read on the FarCry forum that the next update will have a save anywhere option.

BigMac

<A HREF="http://www.p3int.com/product_center_NWO_The_Story.asp" target="_new">New World Order</A>
April 14, 2004 3:55:03 PM

"I'm playing the game for my 8 year old" is my excuse to my wife to let me play it! Nowhere on the packaging does it say that it should be played by 44 year old with a child and a mortgage who never grew up. Do you honestly beleive that she would let me play it for my own entertainment ? to sit here night after night killing tryks and mercenaries ? What can I say, I'm addicted, I can't stop, but I did kill that ba@#$d sergeant whatshisface, and now I'm after the doctor...man that guys toast when I find him. Do you think I need help, am I possesed by some demon that makes me play night after night ? tweaking my system and speaking to my friends who are ALL in there early twenties about framerate and res ? AMD vs Intel, Nvidia vs ATI...is this an illness ? if so I don't want to be cured, I want more I tell you, more...

or, to put it another way, no, my Son is not allowed to play this or any other violent games. He can play Empire earth and the like but the First person shooters belong to me.

But your advice is worth noting though for all of us, it is easy for kids to play these games but my son is monitored, and when he plays, I allways sit alongside him to help, and to encourage. PC games arn't bad in themselves, but then neither is alcohol, and I wouldn't give that to a child, hell, I don't even give it to myself. And the age rating system ? I think it's very important.

Gary

April 15, 2004 12:34:23 AM

I have a ten your old son, and he loves to play on the computer, but he is limited to such games as Starcraft, Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, Warcraft, and, sometimes, C&C Generals.

The reason he plays these games is that they require the player to think and to stratagize, while also giving the satisfaction of (maybe) beating your opponent without having the gore and "reality" of FPS, especially newer games such as FarCry or Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow.

Spec:
Intel P4 2.4B
MSI 645E Max-U Mobo
1GB DDR333
R9600XT 128MB
SB Live 5.1
WD 60GB
Maxtor 120GB
LG DVD+-R/RW
WIN2K PRO SP4
April 25, 2004 7:51:55 AM

I'm at this part too. On the freighter where I have to plant explosives and go at the other end of the freighter. Then the chopper comes.

Is it possible to shoot the gunner in the chopper? Because my crossair turned red alot when I was trying to shoot the gunner. And now I have no more ammo and he's still shooting me.

How many rockets does it take to destroy the chopper? I have 10 rockets.

Oh and the freighter doesn't seek anymore when the chopper comes. Is this a bug?

And in the level called "cooler". Before I have to meet valerie, the water raises. I reloaded and the water went back down, chairs, were floating in the air.

Did these bugs happen to anyone?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Zemuron on 04/25/04 04:01 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
April 25, 2004 10:26:50 PM

You cannot kill the gunner because im pretty sure he is the same guy you have to kill in a farther level.
What i did was hid out in the bridge and emptied out the grenades of the OICW and maybe a rocket or 2 and by that time the ship you are on sinks and the chopper flies away.
I havent noticed those bugs but on the level where you have to destroy the towers, i drove the boat around the back of the island and there were guys right in the middle of the air. Like they were standing on an invisible platform. Have screen shot of thier dead bodies but dont have a website to post pics.
Just started last level which is 20 i think, Good l;uck anbd have fun

Confuscious say: He who go to bed with ithcy ass, wake up with stinkyfinger
April 26, 2004 3:45:22 PM

Quote:
Is it possible to shoot the gunner in the chopper? Because my crossair turned red alot when I was trying to shoot the gunner. And now I have no more ammo and he's still shooting me.

Far Cry cheats:

<A HREF="http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/farcry/hints.html" target="_new">http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/farcry/hints.html&lt;/A>

Far Cry Walkthrough:

<A HREF="http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/far_cry.txt" target="_new">http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/far_cry.txt...;/A>

A hint: You can always google-search game hints..., like Far Cry Hints ...

and, by the way, directly answering your question, the typical way of dealing with that chopper is to shoot it with everything you got till the ship begins to sink. Then swim under water to the shore and take cover behind a tree. He cannot shoot you this way (nor can he shoot you while you swim under water). Keep popping out and taking snapshots at him. At some point the chopper begins to smoke bad and flies away. Use short bursts and shoot only at the gunner. This way you will end up using less ammo, but you cannot kill the gunner. He bails out of the chopper over the ocean before the chopper explodes.

<font color=green>Stingy people end up paying double. One kick-ass rig that will go strong for three years or one half-decent one every year?</font color=green> :cool:
April 26, 2004 6:28:18 PM

The copter isnt too bad. Go to the front of the ship and hide behind the tall thing. Strafe around to stay in cover and just shoot it with your rockets. After all your rockets are gone you will probably have to shoot it with your machine gun for a bit longer. Make sure to do this as quickly as possible because the ship will sink leaving you stuck helpless in the water. Also dont focus on shooting the guy, hes not important, shoot the copter anywhere. It may take a few tries but it can be done.
April 26, 2004 7:13:15 PM

it takes more than two rockets to down a helicopter? it really should only take one!

now featuring valve security module!
April 27, 2004 8:23:11 AM

It's a boss, so it should take more then one rocket.
April 30, 2004 6:25:43 PM

This gave me lots of trouble too. Try this, plant the explosives and jump off the back of the ship. Swim to shore and hide in the bushes. Shoot at gunner with everything but rockets. He won't shoot back at you. You will need a lot of ammo. You won't killer the gunner, but you will damage the chooper and it will go away. Hope this helps.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mrmonsoon on 04/30/04 02:38 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
April 30, 2004 9:44:05 PM

After I ran to the front of the freighter to avoid the blast from the explosions I just set, I climbed to the bridge, and fired on the copter from there. Provided cover, and a better angle on the copter.

<font color=blue> "Ignorance is not bliss. It is oblivion" - Philip Wylie </font color=blue>
!