I can't connect. please help

bonepony

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2002
i got 2 computers connected by a crossover cable on the ethernet cards. Can I access the internet on both of them through one computer?? Will be getting cable modem next month so i don't want to buy another dial up modem for my new computer. so is there a way to share the internet connection?????

bonepony

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2002
I am using windows 98se and windows xp on the other computer. Where do I enable internet connection sharing at?

start
settings
control panel
add/remove programs
windows setup
internet tools

Have a floppy disk ready. Windows will write a few files on it then you need to run it on the other computer.

edit: do not install ICS on both computers. just the one connecting to the internet. Run the floppy disk on the other computer.
I aint signing nothing!!!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Rick_Criswell on 01/12/03 04:21 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

bonepony

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2002
Okay, i did the disk setup on the computer that connects to the internet, which is Win 98SE. I then inserted the disk into the other computer on the network, which is WinXP. I then got the warning "The wizard requires either Windows 98 or 95". Do you know of anyway around this or did I just do it incorrectly. Thank you for any help

sturm

Splendid
I used ics to connect my ME computer thru an XP computer. During the process I read that for XP to use ics it must go thru another XP computer. I got mine to work but later just bought a cable router with 4 port switch. Makes it alot easier, faster and dont have to have both computers on at the same time.