AVI->MPG2 increases the size

I have an AVI video clip (~90 mins long). Its resolution is 480X480. I
wanted to be able to play it in stand alone DVD player. Since the size
of the clip was ~675MB I thought the encoded clip would easily fit on
one CD. I then started nero and selected this clip and asked it it to
burn this in SVCD format onto a 80min blank. It took 2-3 hours for
encoding and finally said the CD wasn't large enough to hold the
encoded file and asked me to insert another CD. The encoded file size
was ~835MB! Why was this so large? I also didn't understand why nero
didn't offer me the option of burning on multiple CDs. I had to then
cancel out of the app and lost the encoded file. How does one burn this
on multiple CDs using Nero?

thanks
SS

Can you reccommend some DVD players that play DIVx encoded AVI files?

> Can you reccommend some DVD players that play DIVx encoded AVI files?

I don't have one myself, but if you post a question for the group on the
subject, I'm sure people will be happy to help. Also, try some of the DVD
player specific groups.

www.videohelp.com also have a DVD player comparison chart, and its search
system can isolate DIVX compaible players. Most of the players listed have
tons of user comments.

On 26 Dec 2004 10:39:08 -0800, "SS" <misid12@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Can you reccommend some DVD players that play DIVx encoded AVI files?

The Philips 642, available at Target, CompUSA, and Walmart for
$70. Can be easily made region free, converts PAL to NTSC, and plays
most Divx and Xvid encoded files.

Neil Nadelman arvy@navzr-genafyngbe.pbz (ROT13)
I have no fears in life,
for I have already survived Theta-G!