Twin time line editing

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 26, 2004 3:16:12 PM

Hi Guy,s and Gal,s
I need a little help finding a program.I have several long clip
that I want to turn into a finished video, is there a program that will
run two clips side by side that I can use as a mixer to give me a
finished rugh copy I can then add titles etc with another program ie.
Ulead Media Studio.The clips are AVI files but I can change them to
somthing else if needed.

Thanks for reading this and I look forward to your replys.
Cheers Jimbob.

More about : twin time line editing

Anonymous
December 26, 2004 4:04:59 PM

"jimbob" <jimthedrummer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Guy,s and Gal,s
> I need a little help finding a program.I have several long clip
> that I want to turn into a finished video, is there a program that will
> run two clips side by side that I can use as a mixer to give me a
> finished rugh copy I can then add titles etc with another program ie.
> Ulead Media Studio.The clips are AVI files but I can change them to
> somthing else if needed.
>
> Thanks for reading this and I look forward to your replys.
> Cheers Jimbob.

Most of the prosumer-level editing programs will handle multiple timelines.
I use Adobe Premiere Pro -- it can handle multiple timelines (the actual
number may or may not be unlimited -- I've worked with as many as 50 or so
timelines with no difficulty). Just line up your two AVIs, one on each
timeline, then cut out what you don't want and add transitions. You can
sync by eye, but I find it easier to look at the audio tracks and sync to
some sharp event, e.g. a handclap.

!