PC Anywhere

October 5, 2004 5:21:03 PM

Can connect to XP PRO PC's via Windows Remote but not through PC Anywhere,
any ideas? Nothing on the Symantec support site.

More about : question

Anonymous
October 5, 2004 8:32:16 PM

Give us some clues.

You've installed PC Anywhere on the machine you are trying to connect to?

You've followed Symantec's instructions for opening ports in any firewall or
nat/router which might be involved?

"NMR" <NMR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can connect to XP PRO PC's via Windows Remote but not through PC Anywhere,
> any ideas? Nothing on the Symantec support site.
Anonymous
October 5, 2004 8:32:17 PM

yes, firewall ports are open on Linksys router, 5631 thru 5632 and 22 thru
22, this has worked before with these settings. PC Anywhere is intalled on
both PC's, client does not want to use Windows Remote because he wants the
person sitting at his desk to see what he is doing when he is logged in using
PC Anywhere.

"Bill Sanderson" wrote:

> Give us some clues.
>
> You've installed PC Anywhere on the machine you are trying to connect to?
>
> You've followed Symantec's instructions for opening ports in any firewall or
> nat/router which might be involved?
>
> "NMR" <NMR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can connect to XP PRO PC's via Windows Remote but not through PC Anywhere,
> > any ideas? Nothing on the Symantec support site.

Anonymous
October 5, 2004 11:20:23 PM

The settings sound reasonable, although I haven't worked with PCAnywhere
except very infrequently.

My prejudice in these situations is to suspect another firewall. You've
looked at the Linksys--is the host machine on SP2, and is the Windows
firewall on? (leave it on, but open the same set of ports in it.)

Is there some other software firewall--maybe the host antivirus was updated
and they put in NIS instead of plain old NAV?

!