PC Anywhere

Can connect to XP PRO PC's via Windows Remote but not through PC Anywhere,
any ideas? Nothing on the Symantec support site.
3 answers Last reply
More about anywhere

    Give us some clues.

    You've installed PC Anywhere on the machine you are trying to connect to?

    You've followed Symantec's instructions for opening ports in any firewall or
    nat/router which might be involved?

    "NMR" <NMR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can connect to XP PRO PC's via Windows Remote but not through PC Anywhere,
    > any ideas? Nothing on the Symantec support site.

    yes, firewall ports are open on Linksys router, 5631 thru 5632 and 22 thru
    22, this has worked before with these settings. PC Anywhere is intalled on
    both PC's, client does not want to use Windows Remote because he wants the
    person sitting at his desk to see what he is doing when he is logged in using
    PC Anywhere.

    "Bill Sanderson" wrote:

    > Give us some clues.
    >
    > You've installed PC Anywhere on the machine you are trying to connect to?
    >
    > You've followed Symantec's instructions for opening ports in any firewall or
    > nat/router which might be involved?
    >
    > "NMR" <NMR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Can connect to XP PRO PC's via Windows Remote but not through PC Anywhere,
    > > any ideas? Nothing on the Symantec support site.

    The settings sound reasonable, although I haven't worked with PCAnywhere
    except very infrequently.

    My prejudice in these situations is to suspect another firewall. You've
    looked at the Linksys--is the host machine on SP2, and is the Windows
    firewall on? (leave it on, but open the same set of ports in it.)

    Is there some other software firewall--maybe the host antivirus was updated
    and they put in NIS instead of plain old NAV?

    > yes, firewall ports are open on Linksys router, 5631 thru 5632 and 22 thru
    > 22, this has worked before with these settings. PC Anywhere is intalled on
    > both PC's, client does not want to use Windows Remote because he wants the
    > person sitting at his desk to see what he is doing when he is logged in
    > using
    > PC Anywhere.
    >
    > "Bill Sanderson" wrote:
    >
    >> Give us some clues.
    >>
    >> You've installed PC Anywhere on the machine you are trying to connect to?
    >>
    >> You've followed Symantec's instructions for opening ports in any firewall
    >> or
    >> nat/router which might be involved?
    >>
    >> "NMR" <NMR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Can connect to XP PRO PC's via Windows Remote but not through PC
    >> > Anywhere,
    >> > any ideas? Nothing on the Symantec support site.

Connection Microsoft Windows XP