xD cards

anybody tried the 1 gig cards yet, I've read that they can suffer from
jumping when used in movie mode on some cameras. Any info on this from
present users greatly appreciated.

I personally don't think it's a good idea to buy the 1 gig card.
As we all know, they can corrupt or break, leaving you with a big loss.
Far better to go for 2 x 512 mb cards...

"critcher" <dennisgange@gothere.uk.com> wrote in message
> anybody tried the 1 gig cards yet, I've read that they can suffer from
> jumping when used in movie mode on some cameras. Any info on this from
> present users greatly appreciated.

Same here. Can't understand why people want 400 gig hard drivers ??
Give me 4 160 gigers anyway :)

On Wed, 18 May 2005 19:58:54 GMT, "Yoonome" <Yoonome@Yoonowhere.com>
wrote:

> I personally don't think it's a good idea to buy the 1 gig card.
> As we all know, they can corrupt or break, leaving you with a big loss.
> Far better to go for 2 x 512 mb cards...
>
>"critcher" <dennisgange@gothere.uk.com> wrote in message
>> anybody tried the 1 gig cards yet, I've read that they can suffer from
>> jumping when used in movie mode on some cameras. Any info on this from
>> present users greatly appreciated.

Actually XD cards are also used in Fuji.
When Smartmedia cards became obsolete, its inventor, Toshiba, wisely went
with SD cards. Unfortunately Olympus and Fuji decided to come up with
something else. It wasn't even well thought out in that many of these
cameras cannot use the new 1GB cards now coming out.

I own two Olympus cameras that use smartmedia, and I love them. My next
camera will not be Olympus.

"C0mdrData" <C0mdrData@BEAMMEUP.hvc.rr.com> wrote in message
> Actually XD cards are also used in Fuji.
> When Smartmedia cards became obsolete, its inventor, Toshiba, wisely went
> with SD cards. Unfortunately Olympus and Fuji decided to come up with
> something else. It wasn't even well thought out in that many of these
> cameras cannot use the new 1GB cards now coming out.
>
> I own two Olympus cameras that use smartmedia, and I love them. My next
> camera will not be Olympus.
>>
>> One Q though while on the subject of xD: who made them, why, and are they
>> proprietary only to Olympus? That's the only cams I've seen them on.
>> I really like one model, but it just peeves me so bad to have to get
>> ANOTHER standard of card (after I've already got CF's and SD) that I
>> dunno
>> if it's worth it.
>>

> critcher said
the reason for a 1 gig card is for video recording purposes, you can get 20
mins of recording at 640 x 480 on my fuji e550
Superb camera by the way

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 17:16:02 +0100, "critcher" <dennisgange@gothere.uk.com>
spewed:
>> Actually XD cards are also used in Fuji.
>> When Smartmedia cards became obsolete, its inventor, Toshiba, wisely went
>> with SD cards. Unfortunately Olympus and Fuji decided to come up with
>> something else. It wasn't even well thought out in that many of these
>> cameras cannot use the new 1GB cards now coming out.
>>
>> I own two Olympus cameras that use smartmedia, and I love them. My next
>> camera will not be Olympus.
>>>
>>> One Q though while on the subject of xD: who made them, why, and are they
>>> proprietary only to Olympus? That's the only cams I've seen them on.
>>> I really like one model, but it just peeves me so bad to have to get
>>> ANOTHER standard of card (after I've already got CF's and SD) that I
>>> dunno
>>> if it's worth it.
>>>

>> critcher said
>the reason for a 1 gig card is for video recording purposes, you can get 20
>mins of recording at 640 x 480 on my fuji e550
>Superb camera by the way

Or for not having to carry and switch a bunch of cards on vacation.
Plus, with cams up to 7mp now, mem goes REALLY fast.

For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com.
Yeah, it's really a real address :)