knibble@dribble.com
> says...
> >
> > Alex <blaghlakj@goaway.org> wrote in message
> > > counter strike source....cant wait.....
>
> > What?
> >
> Counterstrike running under the Half-Life 2 engine. Apparently
though
> we're going to have to pay for a "visually enhanced" version.

And what in the name of Abraham Lincoln's butthole is Half-Life 2? I
remember hearing something about it being released a couple of years
ago but I thought it was a hoax ;)

"I like toys and cake" <somegeexer@aplace.aa> wrote in message

> "Conor" <conor_turton@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > In article <40a430c4$0$168$45beb828@newscene.com>,
> knibble@dribble.com
> > says...
> > >
> > > Alex <blaghlakj@goaway.org> wrote in message
> >
> > > What?
> > >
> > Counterstrike running under the Half-Life 2 engine. Apparently
> though
> > we're going to have to pay for a "visually enhanced" version.
>
> And what in the name of Abraham Lincoln's butthole is Half-Life 2? I
> remember hearing something about it being released a couple of years
> ago but I thought it was a hoax ;)

What is Half-Life 2? Vaporware...

That great software package that Valve has been working on for years and
will only release only when the final product is about 1/3 as good as the
hype. (Pre-beta stage, I guess.)

> In article <%TUoc.37049$L8.26206@nwrdny02.gnilink.net>,
> blaghlakj@goaway.org says...
> > counter strike source....cant wait.....
> >
> Why?

<snip>

Why? WHY? Have you seen the video? Good Lord, man!

Squat <Squat@yeahright.com> wrote in message
> What is Half-Life 2? Vaporware...
>
> That great software package that Valve has been working on for years and
> will only release only when the final product is about 1/3 as good as the
> hype. (Pre-beta stage, I guess.)

Bloody cynics.

I'm looking forward to HL2.
Mainly because Valve still have the same team creating it that they had for
HL.
Those guys know how to create a good immersive game with humour, surprises,
atmosphere and set pieces.
As long as they create something that is good by their standards I can't see
what all the fuss is about.
Delays are a fact of life if you are trying to create something good.

ME? Cynical?
Guilty as charged...

I'll probably buy it after it has been out a while or when it is required
for CounterStrike..(if ever)