Problem with Sony 510a

My Sony 510a has worked fine for the past year -- until yesterday.
When I upgraded my mother board to a DFI Landparty, I also had to
reinstall Win2000 and all software.

After reinstalling everything (ugh!), the Sony 510a would not play DVDs
(using Sony's supplied PowerDVD). I can play CD's and watch streaming
video, but don't have audio or video off DVD's.

I've tried reinstalling the device drivers and reloading PowerDVD --
without success.

Can anyone suggest a fix or a method for isolating the problem?
Thanks,

Wayne

wayne wrote ...
> My Sony 510a has worked fine for the past year -- until yesterday.
> When I upgraded my mother board to a DFI Landparty, I also had to
> reinstall Win2000 and all software.
>
> After reinstalling everything (ugh!), the Sony 510a would not play
> DVDs
> (using Sony's supplied PowerDVD). I can play CD's and watch streaming
> video, but don't have audio or video off DVD's.
>
> I've tried reinstalling the device drivers and reloading PowerDVD --
> without success.
>
> Can anyone suggest a fix or a method for isolating the problem?

Did you check for updated drivers, BIOS, etc. etc?
Most of the stuff I buy comes packaged with outdated drivers
and you have go go online to find the current ones.