Multiple XP RDP's (how to?)

Have an office with 5 PC's, all XP Pro, want to remotely
access via RDP, firewall setup for Port 3389, etc., etc.

Do I set each for a seperate port (i.e., 3389. 3390, 3391,
3392, 3393, etc.)?

If not, then how do I individually access each one
individually?

NAT router (D-Link) being used, no DHCP, using fixed IP's.

TIA
3 answers Last reply
More about multiple

    Look at this page for examples of how to do this...

    http://members.cox.net/ajarvi/RemoteDesktop/Multiple_PC_RD.html

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Guruuno" <guruuno@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:36c701c4abcb$3e7062c0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    > Have an office with 5 PC's, all XP Pro, want to remotely
    > access via RDP, firewall setup for Port 3389, etc., etc.
    >
    > Do I set each for a seperate port (i.e., 3389. 3390, 3391,
    > 3392, 3393, etc.)?
    >
    > If not, then how do I individually access each one
    > individually?
    >
    > NAT router (D-Link) being used, no DHCP, using fixed IP's.
    >
    > TIA

    You can also go here for assistance. I have 2 servers and an XP box behind
    my firewall using this method.

    James

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306759

    "Guruuno" wrote:

    > Have an office with 5 PC's, all XP Pro, want to remotely
    > access via RDP, firewall setup for Port 3389, etc., etc.
    >
    > Do I set each for a seperate port (i.e., 3389. 3390, 3391,
    > 3392, 3393, etc.)?
    >
    > If not, then how do I individually access each one
    > individually?
    >
    > NAT router (D-Link) being used, no DHCP, using fixed IP's.
    >
    > TIA

    Al...

    Tried connecting to this link but it appears to be broken. Can you post an
    active link to this info?

    Thanks,
    Clem

    "Sooner Al" wrote:

    > Look at this page for examples of how to do this...
    >
    > http://members.cox.net/ajarvi/RemoteDesktop/Multiple_PC_RD.html
    >
    > --
    > Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    > "Guruuno" <guruuno@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:36c701c4abcb$3e7062c0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    > > Have an office with 5 PC's, all XP Pro, want to remotely
    > > access via RDP, firewall setup for Port 3389, etc., etc.
    > >
    > > Do I set each for a seperate port (i.e., 3389. 3390, 3391,
    > > 3392, 3393, etc.)?
    > >
    > > If not, then how do I individually access each one
    > > individually?
    > >
    > > NAT router (D-Link) being used, no DHCP, using fixed IP's.
    > >
    > > TIA

Windows XP